Sunday, July 1, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


A very hot day and the mourning dove came to hang out on the roof of the metal birdfeeder. It's a wonder s/he didn't burn his/her little feet.


The morning glory out front is starting to climb its support. Sadly, the other morning glory didn't survive the heat or heavy rain.


Variegate leaves around the post lantern seem to have taken root.


Licorice joined me for breakfast. He enjoyed some tender clover. I had a toasted raisin bagel with butter and a cup of tea.


Morning glories growing tall.


The ground was saturated with heavy rains. It could no longer support some of the shepherd's hooks


A delicate umbrella mushroom blooms in the grass. 


I weeded Ink's garden and coaxed the morning glories to attach themselves to the trellis. Someone dug a hole in the garden, too.


I'm hoping birds planted a couple of sunflower seeds.


Milkweed growing strong and tall in the butterfly garden.


Thunderstorms dumped heavy rain. Nearly 2 inches in one go.


Tiny, green, tomatoes. Not fried.


Lots of flowers on the pepper plants. The new cucumber plants are doing well, too.

How does your garden grow?

18 comments:

  1. Lots of activity in your garden right now I see. Your wild bunny buddy is always adorable. Wouldn't it be great if there were so many rabbits eating in your yard that you would no longer need to mow the lawn? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful as always! Glad to see the morning glories are growing well and that mushroom is amazing 😁. So nice of Liquorice to join you for breakfast too ...lol 😉. Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking great, love the tomatoes and that pretty toadstool. I think your breakfast sounded nicer than liquorice's! Today we went to a lovely botanical garden, it was very pretty, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get to see your trip to the botanical garden

      Delete
  4. What a great week you had in the garden. Your garden is looking MUCH better than mine. SO sorry to read about the shepherds hooks. On the bright side, the one doesn't look too damaged. Mine bent out of shape, and I needed a good strong MAN to get mine upright again.

    I was delighted to see how well both your tomatoes and peppers were doing. Sadly ALL mine died this year. Like I said, you put my gardens to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick question. Are those your umbrellas showing in the first photo, or do they belong to a neighbor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The veggie garden is just a couple of pots so can't really call it a garden. But all that Himself can manage right now. The umbrellas belong to a neighbor.

      Delete
  6. Your garden is lookin' good! I've never seen an umbrella mushroom...way cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I saw one. Almost stepped on it. Looks like it belong in a fruity drink

      Delete
  7. Everything looking great CJ! You got that much rain? We got a bad rain storm, but it's been so hot, everything dried up instantly! The umbrella mushroom is beautiful! What is the pop bottle doing in the morning glories pot? I'm surprised the dove didn't burn her feet either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have tomatoes! Hurrah. I have flowers so the fruits can't be too far behind. I love that Mr. Bunny keeps coming back. I have never seen a bunny at my house, not even once, but I once saw a big hare down the road. I guess the dogs and cats I have had kept them away. And I also like that mushroom. Nice greening up. The rain and heat have done amazing things here too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, we'll get some rain this week so things don't shrivel up

      Delete
  9. The umbrella mushroom is lovely :) I don't see those, but I do enjoy the mushrooms I do see. We've been getting some rain, but not much, not even enough to make it through the leaves and into the pots. We could use what we used to call a 3-day soaker, but I imagine my shepherd's crooks might fail then, too. My mouth is watering in anticipation of your peppers and tomatoes. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I’ve seen an umbrella mushroom. And we’re looking forward to tomatoes, peppers, and cukes, too

      Delete