Saturday, August 25, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

 This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays ๐Ÿ˜ธ in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays ๐Ÿ˜ธ in semi-alphabetical order:


The Bishop's Wife, (1947) Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven

If you haven't seen this (Christmas) classic, you can see it on YouTube pay per view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvCjrDf5YoU

If this movie doesn't appeal to you, you can see what Kathy in the Ozarks recommends 

18 comments:

  1. And another film I have never seen! Enjoy your day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I've never heard of this. Crap, I wasn't even born or even on the horizon when this film came out. Somehow I have never seen and often have never heard of any movies you or Kathy recommend. Where have I been all my life? Oh I know, working and going to school full time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old movies so there are a lot more on my list. You can check out TCM.com If you have cable, you can watch the movies on line. I think they have an app, too, so you can watch on your phone or tablet

      Delete
  3. I love these older movies-i didn't post one this morning-I just couldn't think of one to share last night-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cary Grant was a great actor. I enjoy his movies and they usually make me laugh. I don't remember this one, but Mr. Blandings builds his dream house is one of my favorites with him. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. A movie classic full of Christmas cheer - I love it ๐Ÿ˜. Wishing you a lovely weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helps to hold on to Christmas cheer year round

      Delete
  6. One we agree on! It isn't Christmas without watching this at least once! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's a fun movie especially when Dudley decorates the Christmas tree as it always sparks a disagreement:

      Himself: See! That's how it's done. (Tinsel draped strand by strand from the branches)

      Me: Shut up. (Because I think tinsel should be festively tossed. Because of this disagreement, we don't use tinsel on our Christmas tree. Saves arguments.) :-D

      Delete
  7. We have this DVD and watch it almost every year during December. Not as well-known as some of the Christmas movies, but it's a real treasure, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete