Saturday, September 1, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Boy With Green Hair (1948), Pat O'Brien, (baby) Dean Stockwell

If you haven't seen this movie, you can watch it for free at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDwEBy7rL5E

If this movie isn't your cup of tea, check out Kathy in the Ozark's recommendation.

19 comments:

  1. You've surely guessed it - I haven't seen this one either! I saw a lady with purple hair today, she looked rather strange....Enjoy your day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isn't shown often. It's a postwar allegory, but I think the message still holds.

      Delete
  2. Not seen or heard of this one before! Sounds like it has a meaningful message, thanks for the recommendation 😁. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Happy September! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, not familiar with this one-but I do like many of the older movies-I am betting my parents saw this one-I war born in '49

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool-wow we'll be 70 next year-have not wrapped my head around that one yet lol

      Delete
    2. I don't think the Brother has, either. :-D

      Delete
  4. I remember the first time I ever saw this movie it really struck a chord. I somehow got it recorded on VHS the 2nd time I saw it, and I tried converting each of my kids to it in turn with no luck. I'm so excited to see someone posting about it who loved it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first saw this as a kid, and the movie really stuck with me. I wasn't sure if it was the message, the colored hair (unusual at that time!), or Dean Stockwell was so darn cute.

      Delete
  5. I bet you can guess I've never heard of this one, but I'm glad someone has. I'm off to watch it this afternoon. Thanks for the link, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know this movie at all. Sounds like it must be pretty good though. I need to check it out and see what it is all about. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard or seen this one. Thanks for the recommendation CJ! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. the good fight season 2

    ReplyDelete