Friday, October 26, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week:


1. Himself is following a Keto diet. (Me too so I'm not a short-order cook). Keto is no carb, no sugar, no grain, high protein, high (good) fat diet. I miss bread and found a recipe to make hamburger buns to go with hamburgers. I had made them before and they were so-so. Did them again changing the recipe slightly. Used 2 whole eggs instead of 3 egg whites, 1 cup of water instead of 1 1/4 cup, and added 2 tablespoons of coconut flour to absorb excess moisture with the same amount of almond flour. The result was like a whole grain bread and as close to real bread as I can get. I miss bread

2. The Young One came with me while I ran errands. She wanted some black cardstock with matching envelopes so she could make some Halloween cards. We got lost in Michael's

3. I got carded at the packie (liquor store). Ok, they asked anyone who purchased liquor for an ID, but I pretended I was asked because of my youthful appearance.

4. Started making some Christmas cards

5. Himself brought home a stomach bug and conjunctivitis. I didn't get either. Knock wood. The stomach bug seemed to be a fast mover for Himself and he got a prescription for the conjunctivitis and hopefully I won't get that either.

How was your week?

19 comments:

  1. Your diet sounds like not much fun, I hope it doesn't send your cholesterol levels up too much. Hope you don't catch the nasty bug or conjunctivitis, you're better off without the. Have a good weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The diet isn't hard to follow unless you're a carbivore. I miss bread, and cookies, and.... =^,.^=

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week, glad you avoided that tummy bug! I got lost in Michael's when we visited, I got my Halloween crafting goodies there and a few other things ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. I also got carded when purchasing beer at a supermarket, so I'm gonna use that youthful excuse too ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Happy Friday and Weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the hubby is better soon (or already all better). My week was busy as we have exams next week so there is already a lot to do. No complaints though. But you sound like your week was good. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Himself is back to his regular routine.

      Delete
  4. My week was good, but I must say I did eat carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw....hope Himself feels better soon! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A food plan without carbs would knock out a lot of what I eat, especially this time of year when I eat so much bean soup. I see from your replies above that your hubby is all well. Hoorah! I hope you stay healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As to me staying healthy: from your fingers to God's eyes (-:

      Delete
  7. I have tried the low carb diet, but you have to stick to it, or it doesn't work. When people invite me to their home, they know I'm a vegetarian, so I often get fed pasta. I understand you can lose a lot of weight on it, though.

    I go in spurts with bread, so that doesn't tempt me. I can't understand how your hubby got pink eye. I thought you had to come into contact with someone who has it. Is he still teaching? I'm glad he is doing well and you are TOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's teaching part-time and received and email from as student saying an absence was due to pink eye. All the diseases he brings home come from the germ factory he works in.

      Delete
  8. My favorite quote about carbs: "i never met a carbohydrate i didn't like"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the stomach flew last week! Not good! Good luck with the diet! You got lost in Michael's? LOL! Is that picture of you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you! I hope you're feeling better. Yes, that's me. High school yearbook picture. I was 17

      Delete
    2. Feeling alot better! Actually, it was right before the retreat. I was going to cancel. I am so glad I didn't! That picture of you is beautiful!!!

      Delete