Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies


This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:

Today a Double Feature:


The Robe (1953) Richard Burton, Jean Simmons, Victor Mature

and the sequel


Demetrius and the Gladiators (1954) Victor Mature, Susan Hayward, Michael Rennie

If you haven't seen either of these films, you can rent them at Amazon Prime

If these movies aren't your cup of tea, hop on over to Kathy in the Ozarks to see what she recommends.

13 comments:

  1. hI Cj!!! Neither one of these movies sound familiar...hmmmm... will have to check them out! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These movies are usually shown around Easter time

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen these. I do love Cleopatra with Richard Burton in it though-and Liz Taylor. Happy Saturday. I will keep my eyes open around Easter for these-which means spring time. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound pretty good actually. Think I will check them out later tonight while I chill out from the day. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, both of those bring back fond memories for me. I've seen them several times, and I remember watching them on tv :) I've always thought Victor Mature was under-rated. I always liked him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Victor Mature, too. He was good looking and looks like most of my male relatives :-D

      Delete
  5. Another two I have to watch! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete