Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies


This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Father Goose (1964), Cary Grant, Leslie Caron

You can rent this movie from YouTube.

18 comments:

  1. I don't know this film at all. Hmm. They changed our forecast today also, and we have lots of snow and then ice on top of it. Probably just enough to lose power during the game. Keeping my fingers crossed we both keep our power. And maybe keep the snow levels low too. Stay warm and safe, Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an entertaining film, but not one of Grant's best.

      The weather dudes lowered our snow totals, too. And we got moved into the heavy ice storm area. Hope the power company guys are rooting for the Patriots and they keep the electricity on.

      Delete
  2. I like this one too. And Houseboat.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not seen this film but I have heard of it-love the actors in this too-Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I saw this on TV back in the day but don't really remember anything about it. The cast is top-notch, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun romp. Hermit type bachelor trying to sit out the war on a desert island invaded by a stranded teacher and her group of female students.

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen this film - but I will sure follow along to get some good recommendations for movies. I would have to think way back and I think for me I'll just post one when it comes to mind like right now - a very favorite movie of mine was Legends of the Fall - ...It was probably the beauty of nature and the era that was just inspiring to me. The scenes were so beautiful. Around that time which was in the mid 90's I was just becoming aware of my strong love of nature - after a young adulthood of kids,, work, etc. I finally started opening my eyes to what was around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I remember that. Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt. Very lush setting.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen or even heard of this film. I can't seem to win when it comes to the movies.

    GO CHIEFS!!! (sorry, CJ, couldn't help myself)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this movie. I don't think any man can touch Cary Grant for elegance and sex appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I guess my comment about the Chiefs didn't merit showing on your blog (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was busy with storm prep so took time before I got back to approve comments. I’d take the comment approval off, but I was hit with a rash of spam comments a while back.

      Delete
  9. For some reason, I think I know this movie. I must have seen it with my mom!

    ReplyDelete