Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:

Today, a double feature:


Father of the Bride (1950), Spencer Tracy, Elizabeth Taylor

and the story continues


Father's Little Dividend (1951), Spencer Tracy, Elizabeth Taylor

Father of the Bride doesn't seem to be available to view, but Father's Little Dividend is available on Amazon Prime and free on Youtube.com

22 comments:

  1. Words fail me when I think of films like this - definitely not on my fave list! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next week's selection will be more to your liking

      Delete
  2. I really like this actor Spencer Tracy but I don't think I don't remember seeing this one Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spence could do it all. Drama, adventure, horror, comedy.

      Delete
  3. I've seen both of these, and they make for great light comedy. Spencer Tracy was good in both comedy and drama roles and had such a long career!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a natural. Pretty much like all his movies

      Delete
  4. Father of the Bride is one of my favorites too. I can't count how many times we've watched it. In fact, we just caught it on TCM last week! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how many times you see it, it never loses its charm

      Delete
  5. Father of the Bride was a hoot. Didn't see Little Dividend.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spence is just as delightful and the movie looks to be free on YouTube

      Delete
  6. I liked Father of the Bride and I don't think I've seen the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just as good with the same cast, plus one extra. Looks to be free on Youtube.

      Delete
  7. I remember seeing these with my mom! Loved them both! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. Not sure I saw this version of the Father of Bride. I do remember the Steve Martin version.(at least I think it was Steve Martin). But I know I haven't seen the second feature. Add them to the list of movies I should watch. :) hope you're having a good weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Steve Martin version a little too over the top. Spence is funny without being a clown.

      Delete
  9. Not seen this version of Father of the Bride but I do remember seeing the Steve Martin one …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. As if you can't already know my response to this, I've never even heard of either of these films. I DO like playing each Saturday, though.

    ReplyDelete