Tuesday, January 1, 2019

T Stands For Christmas in Pennsylvania


The weather cooperated, and we took a trip to Pennsylvania to spend Christmas with The Eldest. She added some cinnamon sticks to her artificial wreath. She had gotten behind in decorating.


She had wanted multi-colored lights to add to her tree. Her sister and Himself got them on and lit.


While she added the finishing touches to decorating.


The TARDIS. My favorite ornament on her tree.


The Eldest had to work the evening shift on Christmas Eve. We hung out at her apartment watching the Doctor Who marathon. I baked and cleaned up. I left a note for Santa with a couple of (Keto) chocolate chip cookies before we went back to the hotel.

Dear Santa,

We've been good this year. At least we try to use our powers for good.

Hope you enjoy the cookies. Didn't know what you would like to drink. There's water, coffee, tea, or Mountain Dew. Help yourself.

Merry Christmas,

The Kennedys

P.S. Sorry that there's no carrots for the reindeer. Though there are frozen carrots in the California Medley in the freezer. ❤


Christmas Eve lights from outside


Christmas morning. Santa was here!


We opened gifts before a "roaring fire" in the "fireplace" courtesy of Roku while Christmas tunes played in the background. After opening gifts,


The Eldest cooked us breakfast. (Keto) pancakes (from a gluten free mix I brought with me), scrambled eggs, and 


bacon cooked in the oven. 


Since her frying pan was so small, she could only do one pancake at a time. I sipped a cup of tea in the new mug The Young One gave me. She knows me so well.


While sipping tea, I surveyed the Christmas debris. Looked a lot like Christmas leftovers when the girlies were little.

After breakfast and cleaning up, the Eldest put the turkey in the oven to roast. 


She set the table with some pretty Christmas dishes and linen napkins. She made a salad, vegetables, and stuffing from a mix for herself and her sister.


I had made a Keto Stuffing for Himself and me. I had some almond milk to help drain the carton. I had used the almond milk to make Keto eggnog which we had in the afternoon, but I forgot to take a picture.


For dessert we had (Keto) brownies (which the girlies didn't care too much for) and Halo Top ice creamI had a cup of tea in the pretty, holly mug The Eldest gave me. She knows what I like.


We had a lovely day and a good time was had by all.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

And thank you for stopping by today. Here's to a healthy, happy, and creative New Year.

45 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun time at your daughter's for Christmas. Your new mug is fantastic, enjoy using it. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning, a lovely family Christmas glad the weather worked out for the drive. Her tree is lovely with all of the lights-and I love your new mug. glad you could all be together
    Happy Happy New Year hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the weather cooperated so we could be together.

      Delete
  3. YES! What fun Christmas day memories. I love those candle bubble tree lights. I inherited my grandparent's set but they got lost when I moved to Wichita. I'm in awe of those because they are so much bigger than the ones I used to put on my tree. Loved the tree, the poinsettia, and the Christmas plates. That tea cup with the Inky cat was so YOU! And the holly cup was pretty, too. I fear I'd be going bonkers after seeing that mess. I always brought out a trash can for wrapping paper. Who, me anal? You need to ask?

    Thanks for inviting us to Christmas eve, Christmas breakfast, gift opening, and Christmas dinner with us for T this Tuesday.

    And here's to a jolly, healthy, and productive 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a trash bag in the middle of the room. No one bothered to take it out to the dumpster. :-D

      Delete
    2. Oh gosh, I see it now. I thought it was a gift (DUH!).

      Delete
  4. What a fun looking Christmas!! Glad you were able to spend it with your kids.
    Happy New Year and T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad we were able to make the trip. As the girlies get older, have their own lives, families, obligations, we might not have holidays together. So one last holiday together was sweet

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great holiday. Happy New Year!🎉🎊

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to all be together for Christmas! ANd a Happy New Year to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A happy memory of sharing the Eldest's first Christmas in her apartment. Happy New Year to you, too.

      Delete
  7. Looks and sounds like a terrific time with your family. To me, that is what it is all about!

    Happy 2019!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I also wanted to tell you how gorgeous that tree looks! Nice job!!

    Also, I have that exact same holly mug! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can be tea twins of i you drink coffee we'll be able to tell the mugs apart :-D

      Delete
  9. A fun post with lots of goodies to eat

    A Happy New Year and Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of good things to eat and still stick with the Keto plan. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  10. I had to look up TARDIS, CJ. Either I'm uncultured or just behind the times.

    I enjoyed the photos and reading about your Christmas visit to the Eldest's home. How nice you could be together. And it sounds like a fun time was had by all.

    Happy T-day and a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! The decorations are festive -I prefer the multi-colored lights, too- and all those treats! The table looks like it belongs in a magazine. Well done! Our only fireplace is on a DVD, and it actually provides more atmosphere that folks might think. Happy T Tuesday, Happy New Year, and Happy Continuing Christmas days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a great job of channeling her inner Martha Stewart.

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year!

    I love that cat mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Finn. I love the cat mug, too. It's become my favorite mug in the morning.

      Delete
  13. The eldest really had everything decked out beautifully. We used that netflix/roku fire when we put up our tree. It is great without having to light a real fire-especially since your daughter probably doesn't have a fireplace. We've been watching some of the Dr Who Marathon. Its fun to see some of those episodes again. I image the eldest was thrilled to have her family come down for the holiday. Happy T day and hope Jan. 1 was a good start to the new year. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fireplace in the apartment. In fact, her lease forbids her to use candles. She was very happy we were able to come out. She's already making plans for us for next year :-D

      Delete
  14. Wonderful post, i just LOVE the Christmas season.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter has really gone to town. Her tree is beautiful and I just love those decorations in the window. And the wreath.
    The table is beautifully laid. I am impressed, considering she has only recently moved into her house/flat.
    Yes, I spotted the Tardis immediately. Didn't know Dr Who was popular in the US.
    Wishing you a happy T Day and a healthy and peaceful 2019,
    Lisca
    PS I love the cat mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really went all out to make this first Christmas in her apartment memorable.

      The Doctor has quite a following in the U.S.

      Delete
  16. What a fabulous Christmas you must have had at your daughters, so special! The decorations look magical 😁. Happy T Day and wishing you a Happy New Year filled with peace, love and happiness! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we could spend one more Christmas together

      Delete
  17. Pennsylvania is my favorite place to be for Christmas. I love that you all went to spend Christmas with your eldest. I bet it was thrilled to have you all there on Christmas morning. Looks like you had a wonderful time full of yummy food.
    Happy New Year and Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being away from home for the holidays made her a little homesick. I'm glad we were able to go and spend Christmas with her.

      Delete
  18. One of the blogs I read each day just showed a post you might be interested in:

    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2019/01/health-benefits-of-low-carb-and-keto.html

    It's filled with all kinds of great info, although some of it you may already know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. I've peeked at this blog before, but will be sure to check out this post.

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos of your stay with your eldest. He home looks welcoming and cosy and you must have had a super time altogether,
    Happy New Year to you and your family and belated T Day wishes as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time though it went by to quickly

      Delete
  20. What beautiful trees and decorations. Okay, I had to look up Tardis. I learned something! LOL I forgot to take photos of our tree or of our Christmas dinner table!
    Happy New Year & Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick around long enough here, and we'll assimilate you into Geek culture :-D

      Delete
  21. Happy New Year CJ! I love this post! Makes me smile! Thanks for sharing everything! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you for sharing your Christmas with us...it really made me smile, from leaving the cookies for Santa, to the holiday table setting and food. Oh and we are Dr. Who fans in our house too! awesome ornament, that. I stitched a little cyberman ornament in cross stitch for my son this year. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete