Monday, February 25, 2019

Happy Mail


Some extra fun, happy mail arrived in my mailbox the other day. Blog bud, Finnbadger, from Envelope 100 sent me a fun envelope to celebrate Chinese New Year and the Year of the Boar.  Finnbadger chose font colors to match the beautiful, bright pink, peach blossom stamp. And too fun he replaced the letter "O" and number "0" with a cute piggy face.

And just so the scanning machine wouldn't get confused, Finn printed my address on the back of the envelope with To: 


Inside, a card with the year. Handy so I know what year it is and 


A lovely card with a dragon and the wish that it makes me think of Summer. It's also giving me ideas for a koi pond near the Zensical garden, but only if there could be a resident dragon.

Thank you, Finnbadger, for brightening up my mailbox and now adding color to the studio wall. I crack up every time I see the piggy face.

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to get in your nail-box, great idea with the pig's heads. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the pigs arrived. Glad you're enjoying them, and the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful surprise and a clever layout

      Delete
    2. Did you think your mail would go unanswered? :)

      Delete
    3. No, but I thought I would get a glimpse of it ahead of time as I use the USPS Informed Delivery. An image of the envelope never appeared so on a whim I checked the PO Box as I just happened to be at the PO. mailing a card to the Eldest. I don't always go to the PO Box as most of the informed delivery mail is for the person who had the box a hundred years before me. So very surprised to find your envelope in the box.

      Delete
    4. Lately I've been finding informed delivery has the same level of reliability as the actual mail delivery :) Glad it was a totally unexpected surprise.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is so cool! Love it! And that dragon card is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheeky piggies! LOL You're so funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cheeky. Just like the piggies in Angry Birds :-D

      Delete
  5. what a great surprise to get in the mail...very creative. I wish I was FinnBadger's friend, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to his blog. His address is there. Send him an envelope and I bet he'll send one back. (-:

      Delete
  6. What a great surprise to find in the mailbox. (I hope you got rain and not snow if that Sat/Sun storm that went through CT made it as far north as you. Our winds are gusting to 50 mph today. Ugh. And more snow in the forecast for later in the week. Double ugh. Is it Spring yet?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got mostly rain and then a dusting of snow Sun. night. We had wind gusts that speed and more. Parts of town lost electricity, but not where I live. Not looking forward to the next storm as I have to work both Wed. night and Thurs. afternoon. I hate driving in snow. I wish it was July!

      Delete
  7. That's a lovely surprise :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great surprise! The piggies are so cute! Love the dragon card!

    ReplyDelete