Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Fiddler on the Roof (1971) Topol, Paul Michael Glaser

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available on Amazon Prime or for rent on Youtube.com

21 comments:

  1. This was a great film which I've seen several times. Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not love this classic? Now you have me humming diddle diddle dee in my head. Happy Saturday! Winter cold is back I think. Smile. Hugs--Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Sunrise, Sunset as my earworm. That's what was played as the Father-Daughter dance at my wedding. Winter weather on the way. Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. one of my favorites of the older movies Happy Saturday
    great background-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiddler! This is a wonderful movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I've never seen Fiddler on the Roof. But I was also thinking maybe I should try to work movies into some of my posts. The next one I plan to watch is Dragonwyck. For top 10 favorite movies, I'd have to think about that awhile. There are probably more than that, that I could watch over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do just 10 so that's where the Saturday afternoon at the movies came from. I have 100 or so movies that I never tire of watching over and over again. Dragonwyck? With Gene Tierney and Vincent Price? Not sure I've seen it, but I like both Tierney and Price.

      Delete
  6. .....I'll be in the theater next door watching Now Voyager! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back again: have you seen Strange Love of Martha Ivers? That's another great classic that I can watch over and over again. I've started adding links to classic movies to my blog. Double Indemnity is another great one. (Now I have to see if I can find it... And yes, Dragonwyck with Price and Tierney. They were both in Laura, also.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great choices, too. I tried looking on TCM Watch, but all they had of both movies were trailers.

      Delete
  8. I saw this such a long time ago, that I would have to see it again! I've only see it once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story still holds up after all these years.

      Delete
  9. I've heard of Fiddler on the Roof, but have never seen this movie or read anything other than just the title words. Again, I feel foolish for never having heard of this film and I also forgot it was Saturday at the Movie day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to feel foolish about. Not spending your formative years in front of the electronic babysitter isn't a bad thing.

      Delete
  10. I blush to admit I never saw Fiddler on the Roof. Hanging my head in shame:(

    ReplyDelete