Friday, February 15, 2019

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Had a wonderful, lazy Sunday

2. Because of the impending storm, the college closed early. Himself got home just as the first flakes were falling.

3. I had contacted the fella who clears our driveway of snow if he could have us cleared out by mid-afternoon so I'd be able to get to the museum to teach class. No problem

4. Surprise snow squalls left the roads slick and icy, but the new car got me home safe and sound. I thought I'd have problems getting up our hill, but the squalls missed my town.

5. Himself baked a special Valentine's dessert of gluten free brownies with a strawberry and blueberry ganache. He had to use the blueberries because as a surprise for him, I used some of the strawberries that I dipped in Lily's chocolate.

How was your week?

22 comments:

  1. What a great week you had. We have also had the squalls in my area, mixed with rain and sleet, of course ... of course LOL!

    Your hubby is very sweet and thoughtful! Happy Valentine's Day, CJ!

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A safe and enjoyable week despite the weather! The brownies sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful valentine's flower arrangement and the dessert and chocolate dipped strawberries sound so yummy! Glad the snow didn't stop you getting things done and how lovely to have a lazy day too 😁. It's turned warmer here and we've had some lovely sunshine the last couple of days, I hope you have too! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers 💐 and dessert were such a surprise. Weather was supposed to be warmer and sunnier this afternoon. The weather man 👨 lied

      Delete
  4. I ate some chocolate a very kind friend sent me in an unexpected package :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your Friday post. It's always very positive. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than having to drive in the snow, sounds like you had a very good week. The hubby making brownies-that's worth an award in my mind. :) My week went fast, went well, but was busy. I had a great day at the MFA with 2 of my friends. We went to see the Ansel Adams exhibit. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you teach at a museum - nice! Snow be gone!
    Glad u got up your hill! I think it will be several days again before we will drive up and down our road - we have 4 wheel drive jeep which for some reason just can't handle icy roads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what kind of drive you have, it's not match for an icy road.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful, wonderful week CJ! I love the flowers! I love the statues you have placed infront of them too! I love the desserts you and your hubby made for each other! Icy roads are not good! Glad you got home safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the snow, it was a really good week.

      Delete
  9. Certainly five good things, and the special Valentine's dessert sounds delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dessert was really good. Not stricly Keto, but you need a treat every now and then

      Delete
  10. Now I see what you were talking about in your Monday post. Still, it was a great week for you. Not so much for me (grin).

    ReplyDelete