Monday, March 4, 2019

Color Swatch Test

A color swatch test for a commission I'm working on.

I wanted to gild a part of this illuminated initial. The patron wants colors to be purples, pinks, blues, or greens.

I have used a palette of purple, blue, and green which I like as an alternate to the traditional red, green, and blue.

The purple used isn't as dark as it shows on the scan.

A vine will be meandering down the left side of the paper from the green diamond.

I used shell gold on the vertical infinity symbol in the first test on the left. Meh.

In the middle design, the infinity symbol was gilded with 23 karat gold. I like the bit of bling.

I briefly thought of gilding the infinity symbol with 23 karat gold and painting the letter with the shell gold. But the green and gold looks too St. Patrick.

What are you working on?

16 comments:

  1. I like the glitter on the second one. I need to start work on an album I'm making, hmmm.... Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you used. I prefer the gold bling one. How much snow did you get? I got about 5" to 6" of heavy wet snow (the worst kind to get). I took some photos and posted them to my blog. Spring, paging Spring, you're wanted... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got whacked. Over a foot so far. Is it July, yet?

      Delete
  3. I like the 'bling of the second one two! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your art! I am not big on glitter but works with this.
    I am going through stuff-what to keep what not too big of a project lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not glitter. Just the 23 karat gold gilding didn't photograph well.

      Delete
  5. I love the gold on that middle piece - beautiful work you do. What am I working on? ...getting my batteries charged up so we can leave to go walk at one of our favorite places - and I do mean batteries for my camera ..I'm all charged up personally to get up and out of here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will enjoy seeing the pictures that inspire you and your drawings

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. Looks like Mardi Gras colors to me. Great color swatch test with the gold bling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple isn't as dark as the Mardi Gras purple. Just couldn't make the adjustments to come out correctly.

      Delete
  7. This is really cool. I like the little bling too, but you are right about the green and cold being St. Patrick's day colors. It's cool to see this process and how these illuminated letters are formed. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how just some color combinations are just meant for one thing. Like red and green meaning Christmas.

      Delete
  8. This is a lot of work CJ! Good luck with everything! I like the second one the best. I just finished a painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second combination seems to be the most popular

      Delete