Monday, March 11, 2019

Happy Mail

A couple of weeks ago, Lady Caer Morgana from The Wicca Life held a raffle for a Spring wreath. I was in such desperate need of warm weather and sunshine I entered, and I won the wreath. Informed Delivery from USPS told me a package was arriving on Friday.

Himself and I came home from running errands and there was a giant box on the front stoop.


My first thought was "What the hell did I buy?" This couldn't be the wreath. Two years ago in another contest by my Lady, I won a 6 inch Winter wreath. I thought the wreath I was expecting would be a companion piece.


And it was.  Just a bigger, 12 inch wreath. So very cute. Pastel colors, flowers, and a fuzzy bunny. Perfect timing to remind me to set the clocks ahead an hour this weekend.


My Lady even included a lovely Spring card with a decorated envelope


Even the back of the envelope was decorated.

Thank you, my Lady. The wreath was a wonderful surprise and now it's adding cheery color and warm weather thoughts to the Studio on this once again snowy Sunday.


22 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreath, enjoy! I hope it lures spring to your place. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your fingers to God's eyes! I hope so :-D

      Delete
  2. Very cute. Yup, I know that desperate feeling or spring, and I bet this wreath made you smile and also will give you a little hope it might eventually arrive. Happy Monday. They say it will warm up a bit this week although rain will come along with it. But better than snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is better than snow and hopefully between rain and warmer temps, the snow pack will melt.

      Delete
  3. Lovely wreath-congrats on the wind-and perfect for spring.
    we finally are getting some warmer weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath and card are lovely and very Spring like. I got lucky with the Sunday storm: it started as snow but ended as rain. But I still have snow left from the last storm. It's unusual seeing snow covered ground on March 11 in coastal CT: by now, any snow is normally long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our temps stayed below freezing so everything is a sheet of ice outside this morning.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy that you got the wreath in tact. I always worry a little that our mail carriers will not be as "careful" as they should be from past experience.

    Very pleased you enjoy your wreath! It looks so nice hung in your studio. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. USPS did a great job. Thank you, again, for your generosity. The wreath is very lovely and makes me smile when I look over at it.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you! Spring can't be far away now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, about 10 feet away on the back of the supply closet (-:

      Delete
  7. Congrats on winning the spring wreath. I'm sure winter will be unable to resist it, and warmer and sunnier days will come to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win, CJ. It is a stunning spring wreath and a beautiful example of how caring this blogger community is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congratulations on your win.
    The wreath looks so colourful, perfect for Spring.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful CJ!!! I love Kim's wreaths!
    You got me laughing when you said, "What the hell did I buy?"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting such a big wreath! So to see the big box made me worry what I purchase but couldn't remember. :-D

      Delete
  11. People are so creative and generous and giving - and that wreath is beautiful as well as the envelope. "lucky" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reminder that the world is really full of wonderful, kind people. Lucky me, indeed.

      Delete