Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Frankenstein (1931) Colin Clive, Boris Karloff

If you haven't seen this movie, you can rent it on YouTube.com


21 comments:

  1. Now this I have seen. We sneaked into a cinema to watch it when I was sweet sixteen - long, long ago! Have a great Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this film also. I went through a spell as a teenager when I loved all these vintage monster and spooky films. Good pick this week. Happy Saturday. Not as nice as yesterday but at least no snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the wicked thunderstorms and downpours last night? That would have set the perfect mood for this movie.

      Delete
  3. YES! Now this one is most definitely a classic! GOOD ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good one! (We just watched Young Frankenstein last night....great riff on a classic!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic! We watch it every October :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one for my Hubs he loves these types of movies
    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved this movie as a kid - and 'the werewold" and anything dracula... I have to see this again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I saw this on Turner Classic Movies, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the book by Mary Shelley. Interesting, philosophical dilemma about man, his quest for knowledge, and over reaching his boundaries

      Delete
    2. That aspect not really brought out in the film as the focus was on the horror of the above

      Delete