Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, DeForest Kelley

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent at Amazon and YouTube.

24 comments:

  1. I love westerns and I haven't seen this in a while 😁. Great movie choice! Happy Saturday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one even if the theme song is corny

      Delete
  2. Oooh, some great actors were in this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this film from my childhood days. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another movie pick that you know. I'm doing pretty good. :-D

      Delete
  4. Have you ever been to the real OK Corral? Is isn't much of anything and I guess it is one of those places that went down into western urban legend. I can't say I remember this movie if I've seen it, but since it is an oldie and I used to watch westerns with my dad, I may have seen it. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watched Westerns with your dad, he wouldn't have missed this one. I haven't been to the real OK Corral. Just know the story from the movies.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Would pair well with some of your cast iron baked goodies!

      Delete
  6. Just watched this the other day! Good one! And yes, the theme song is sooooo corny! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing the acting made up for the corny theme song. :-D

      Delete
  7. Yes! Having DeForest Kelley in it is the best part for me :) but I like Westerns and this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this and i do like a good western once in awhile. My dad always had Bonanza reruns on the TV when we would stop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie is so much better than Bonanza. No crying cowboys. (Seems to me Little Joe was always crying on Bonanza :-D)

      Delete
  9. I've HEARD of this one, but have never seen it.

    Sorry I'm SO far behind. I thought you might want to know, the water is finally out of my basement, but the walls are still damp. I have bleached everything, and don't seem to have any mold, which is a good thing. After two days of sunshine and warmth, I am finally able to take a rest. In fact, I've been sleeping all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic with a great cast.

      I'm so glad your flooding rains have stopped and you got the water out of the basement. Hope you have a dehumidifier going to help dry things out. After all that work, you need a nap or two.

      Delete
  10. I remember this film, used to enjoy watching westerns back then :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one I have to put on the list!

    ReplyDelete