Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Horse Soldiers (1959) John Wayne, William Holden

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun for those who like it, but I don't think I want them thundering over my screen! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. John Ford and John Wayne are a good combination.

      Delete
  3. I love the old John Wayne movies but Idon't remember this one-Thanks for the share and Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love this one, too. Hope your weather is nice at the lake house.

      Delete
  4. I don't know this one by name. Hmmm. I've seen a of John Wayne so maybe I have seen it. Enjoy this gorgeous day! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to enjoy the sunshine, too, or the hammock and the screen porch.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this one. However, I've recently developed an interest in the Civil War, and this one might be one I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a good John Wayne movie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to watch westerns _despite_ rather than because of the presence of John Wayne ;) John Ford, on the other hand, is always worth seeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can remember watching quite a few John Wayne films, not sure if I did see this one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably not as well known as some of his other films

      Delete