Sunday, July 28, 2019

How does Your Garden Grow?



A beautiful sunset


The milkweeds had fallen over Ink's statue so I staked them up. Is it just the milkweeds in my garden, or do they all fall over?


Garden kites in a row


The new granite lantern post. Waiting for the electrician to come and connect the lights.


Looks like zucchini for supper this week.


The Little Shop of Horrors Zucchini


Tiny tomatoes


Tomatoes, cukes, and peppers. Oh, my!


I was behind Ink's garden taking pictures. This little fellow didn't seem to mind and wasn't afraid.


I asked the dragonfly if I could take his picture, and he posed for me.



A crop of morning glories


Clean water in the birdbath.


Heavy thunderstorms produced lots of rain.


A new, little visitor showed up.


And since today is my birthday, a garden flag to celebrate. Hey, Kid! Will you still need me? Will you still feed me? When I'm 64?

How does your garden grow?

24 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day. Your garden is looking great, love to see veggies growing. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It had been hot and humid though not as hot as what you went through. The veggies seemed to like that weather a lot

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your gardens look great. It's nice getting to eat home grown vegetables. That rabbit is adorable. An unforecast thunder storm rolled in here yesterday early afternoon, but it stayed north of me, so I didn't have any rain where I am in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had an unscheduled thunderstorm roll north of us, too. We had a sprinkle and a clap of thunder.

      Delete
  3. Even better than your garden is your birthday! Hope it is happy happy one CJ! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♪♫♪♫♪♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ♪♫♪♫♪♫ (PS the zucchini looks amazing! I'm drooling.....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday - to you - ...! I like your flag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday, CJ. Your garden looks better than mine. I got sick after mowing all day Friday, so that's why the late visit. I'm still sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you’re not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  7. Your garden is looking good! And I always love to see pics of your bunnies and other critters as well! It looks like things are coming together with your renovations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised to see the bunny. I hadn’t seen any since early March. I thought perhaps all the construction we had going on scared them away. Maybe now that’s it’s quiet again in the yard, they’re coming out of hiding

      Delete
  8. Ah yes, and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you MS. CJ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many Happy birthday wishes to you.
    Your garden is looking very good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOhhhh Very Happy belated Birthday CJ !! ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪
    I wish you the best and sure you had a wonderful day!
    I looove your garden, the flowers are gorgeous, and the dragonfly so cute.
    I wish you a very nice weekend, big big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try but always fail to get photos of the dragonflies. I am always happy to see them and trust they're making my patio less mosquito-friendly lol Your photo-taking skills put mine to shame :)

    Your veggies are a wonder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use the iPhone camera so no skill is involved there. I asked the dragonfly if I could take his picture and he waited for me to set up.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful in every way!! Happy Birthday CJ! The lantern post looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete