Tuesday, July 2, 2019

T Stands for Art at the Bean Counter

I had a couple of art magazines that I thought my friend, Steve Wage would enjoy. Steve invited me to



on Highland St. in Worcester, Massachusetts


where he treated me to breakfast of a Chai Latte and a flaky croissant. The bakery had lots of delicious pasty and breakfast sandwiches.
Steve also had an art show at the bakery. I had seen many of his pairings in various stages of layers, but got to see them all finished as we enjoyed our visit.
Just to warn you, the images here don't do Steve's paintings justice. The lighting in the bakery isn't conducive to photographing art work. Steve's paintings are magical with luminescence. They just glow and shift in the light.

Emergent Series: Ascension
30" x 40" Acrylic on Canvas

Asian Elemental Series:
Earth, Water and Wind
13.5" x 27.5" Acrylic on Canvas

Asian Elemental Series:
Dragon, Earth, Wind, Water and Fire
30" x 40" Acrylic on Canvas

Asian Elemental Series: Earth and Wind
13.5" x 27.5" Acrylic on Canvas
RV (Remote Viewing) Series: 382 b
16" x 20" Acrylic on Canvas

RV (Remote Viewing) Series 382 a
16" x 20" Acrylic on Canvas

Abstract Organic Series #4
24" x 36" Acrylic on Canvas

Fire and Ice Series #2 a
Fire and Ice Series #2 b
Fire and I Series #2 c
12" x 48" Acrylic on Canvas

RV (Remote Viewing) Series 999
16" x 20" Acrylic on Canvas



Besides being treated to breakfast, Steve also had a gift for me.


A slim box with script writing on it. What could it be?



A beautiful, delicate, purple glass pen. Lucky me! 

Besides the show at The Bean Counter, Steve also has a show at Acoustic Java, Main St. Worcester, Massachusetts. If you're in the area, Steve's paintings are on view at both locations until 31. July 2019.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

33 comments:

  1. His paintings are fantastic. That's great that he has exhibitions for them. The glass pen he gave you is lovely. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so cool that the local businesses encourage artists to show their work for patrons to enjoy

      Delete
  2. That was a great outing to the coffee bar. Steve's art is great. And I love that purple glass pen, wow! It has cooled down today, so lovely to feel a cool breeze again and the temperatures in my apartment are dropping, too, so I'm happy about that. Have a happy T day and a good July, Valerie
    I hope this comment goes through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, your comment made it through! I’m so happy your weather finally broke and temps are coming back down to normal

      Hopefully, Steve will drop by the blog and see your comment, too

      Delete
  3. What lovely treats and gifts CJ! Your friend is a wonderful artist and it would be great to be able to see these paintings in person. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His paintings are spectacular, it’s just too bad the lighting and my photography skills are so poor.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with your gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend Steve makes beautiful paintings. Even in poor lighting, they are truly unique, unusual, and beautiful. His gift of the pen was quite thoughtful, as was his treating you to breakfast. Your chai latte looks good, as does the croissant. I'm delighted you shared your time with Steve and his paintings, along with your breakfast at The Bean Counter for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s a talented and wonderful soul. I enjoy spending time with him.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! How lovely to visit the bakery and see your friend, his artwork looks magical 😀. I'm in love with your new purple glass pen - amazing! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos don’t do Steve’s paintings justice

      Delete
  7. His work is beautiful. And how nice of him to get you a gift symbolic of your craft.
    Sandra (On a different computer. Mine is hospitalized.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve is a thoughtful friend.

      Oh, no! I hope your computer 💻 is better soon. Or you get a new one ☺️

      Delete
  8. Your glass pen is beautiful! What a wonderful instrument for writing letters. That latte and croissant look so yummy!
    Steve is a very talented artist. His paintings are so beautiful. I bet they do look so much better in real life.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve's paintings just shimmer. He has a way of capturing light in his paintings that make them glow depending on the angle you are view from. Just amazing.

      Delete
  9. Your latte and croissant look so good. The paintings are really amazing. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That coffee shop looks nice, and I enjoy places like that that show local art. I'm intimidated by galleries, but I relish low-key opportunities like this. I hope they sell well :) I like the style. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galleries can be so pretentious.The coffee shop was warm and inviting. I hope Steve does well, too.

      Delete
  11. Words can't describe how utterly amazing these are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your friend certainly makes beautiful artwork, in spite of the bad lighting. How wonderful that a local business is willing to show case the works. I hope he sells well.
    The gifts is amazing! What a beautiful pen! I'd love to write with a pen like that. Pens will become rarer as people write less and less. Even now student have difficulty doing important written exam as they have to write for hours on end and they get pain and cramps and whotnot.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the college where Himself teaches, most of the exams are given on-line. When they do write, they print because a lot of schools don't teach cursive writing anymore. Very sad.

      Delete
  13. Steve's art is fantastic! I know what you mean about the difficulty of photographing art on a wall. I think you did quite well. It would be nice to go there and see them in person. Lovely pen. I know you'll enjoy using or displaying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I’m not sure the iPhone camera is the best camera for photographs

      Delete
  14. That looks and sounds a very nice outing to the coffee bar.

    Many thanks for sharing Steve's art, it looks good.
    Enjoy using your pen.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely paintings and the colours are amazing. The artist is very talented.
    What a lovely gift too, I used to love writing with my ink pen at school.
    I do love a croissant for breakfast with jam, not easy to eat in public sometimes When when they are fresh!
    Happy t day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had the croissant plain as it was so soft and buttery, it didn't need anything else.

      Delete
  16. i love looking at art shows. I'm hoping to go to one today if they are having one in REdlands. Usually over a holiday weekend they hold them in a local park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you share the art show if you’re able

      Delete
  17. His paintings are amazing CJ! Wish I lived closer to see them! Can't wait to see what you do with your gift! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete