Saturday, August 31, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays ๐Ÿ˜ธ in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays ๐Ÿ˜ธ in semi-alphabetical order:


The King and I (1956) Yul Brynner, Deborah Kerr

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube or try your local library.

21 comments:

  1. I think I saw this on TCM several years ago, but I'm not sure. It doesn't really look familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen this one, but I know it got good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to see Yul Brynner in a revival of The King and I on Broadway when I lived up north! He didn't disappoint! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes just turned green! ๐Ÿ˜ผThat must have been so amazing

      Delete
  4. I loved the King and I both versions and I think this is one I may have seen as a play in Chicago when I was growing up-my Mom loved the theater

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this film back in the day. I saw it on TV in the late 60s. It was a huge success and won multiple awards. It's still banned in Thailand. I haven't seen it in ages and wonder if the whitewashing issue explains why I never see it offered on tv now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think TCM runs it every now and again

      Delete
    2. Ah, cable! Yes, most of the time I don't miss it, but every once in a while....

      Delete
  6. I left a comment this morning and it has disappeared again....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw it and it was published. And now gone๐Ÿ˜ฑ Blogger is haunted ๐Ÿ‘ป

      Delete
  7. Good film. When I was in high school we took a trip to Boston to see this story as a play starring Yul Brynner in his original role. It was pretty cool. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. These nights are a bit cool but they sure makes sleeping good. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Brynner on stage must have been so exciting


      Delete
  8. Fabulous choice! We went to see this musical at the Theatre and enjoyed it very much ๐Ÿ˜. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big musical fan, but I do like this one.

      Delete
  9. I remember watching this film - I enjoyed it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one with mom!! A great movie!

    ReplyDelete