Monday, August 12, 2019

Winnie's Picks Acrylic Paint By Number Kit

Back in June, Eileen ran a contest on her blog, The Artful Crafter leave a comment to win a chance for a Winnie's Pick Paint By Number Kit. And I was notified I won on July 3!

I had my choice of any kit from Winnie's Picks (there are lots of wonderful kits to choose from),
or I could send a photo to have a custom kit made. I chose to have a custom kit made. Did I choose a picture of my girlies or Himself?


Nope


The package arrived on August 8. in a sturdy and well wrapped mailing tube.


The kit contained a rolled 16 x 20 in. canvas of my selected photo. 24 little pots of acrylic paint, 3 brushes (I bright (flat), and 2 small rounds) and some hardware (hangers and a couple of screws though there is no mention of what they are for or how to use them). There was also a sheet with some general how to go about using the kit instructions, and the same picture printed on a sheet of paper. There was nothing to indicate what this is for. Maybe as a reference sheet or to have other copies printed.

The instructions say to tape the canvas onto something sturdy like a piece of foam core. For the photo shoot, I taped it to an acrylic slant board I have, but I don't think that will be the best thing to use. I'll have to look to see if there's a large enough, sturdy, piece of cardboard or something else to use.

I'm looking forward to painting Ink. I also want to again thank Eileen for running the contest and for Gaetan at Winnie's Picks for a fabulous prize.

17 comments:

  1. Lucky you, enjoy! Looking forward to seeing the finished masterpiece! Have fun, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that. I can't wait to see the finished Ink painting. Hope you are enjoying this gorgeous day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gorgeous day until the allergies kicked in. Gotta love ragweed season! 🤧

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun! I'm with Valerie, can't wait to see the finished piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll be able to get started this week.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations and well done that you chose Ink to paint. To me that would have been a logical choice, too. He was such a precious cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's only logical to a cat person 😺

      Delete
  5. What a win! It looks like it'll be fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh em cod how cool is this !!! and you WILL be displaying the final piece !!! ☺☺☺ conga rats on the win !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Congrats! I can't wait to see it finished! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so to have a custom made ...canvas of your cat - wow, that's great. And that is a beautiful gorgeous photo of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a great prize. It only costs $35 to have a custom kit made. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

      Ink didn’t like having his picture taken. He would look at the camera anticipate when you were going to press the shutter and he would look away. This was one of the last photos I took of him and he cooperated

      Delete