Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Logan's Run (1976) Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Peter Ustinov

If you haven't seen this movie, it might be available for free on YouTube

19 comments:

  1. I've not heard of it, but it sounds like it would be a great film to watch on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this one I remember well! A very young Farrah Fawcett-Majors and a very young and cute Michael York. I always loved him in the movie, "The Island of Dr. Moreau" too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked York in the Three Musketeers with Richard Chamberlain

      Delete
  3. I have heard of this one but didn't see it.
    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the name but can't think of what the film is about. I shall go watch the trailer and see if maybe I have seen it. But maybe I haven't? I will check it out anyhow-at least the trailer. Still windy here, and it really feels like November. Amazing how 1 week can change the weather so much. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, still windy here and chilly. I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning! 😱

      Delete
  5. A good cast … I haven't seen this one.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Logan's Run! Yes! I remember when it came out, and Peter Ustinov is a fun touch :)

    (P.S. This page has the "not secure" notice in red in the address bar. Again, I know what this means and am not worried by it, but there it is...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ustinov's character in this.

      Odd, because the site settings are supposed to be redirected with the https:// But I'm not going to worry about it.

      Delete
  7. there are so many movies I haven't seen. In the late 80's and 90's especially I seemed to take a sabbatical from almost everything, TV and movies. I am slowly catching up with some older ones that appear on Netflix or elsewhere. I saw Downton Abbey recently in a theater nearby and loved it and looking forward to seeing "Judy" soon. I've seen a trailer and Renee Z seems to do an incredible job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the trailer for Judy. Renee is amazing in this.

      There are a couple of movies coming out in Nov./Dec. I want to see, too. Dark Waters, Harriet, and Little Women

      Delete
  8. its on my wishlist! following now :)

    x Natalie
    Lucy and the Runaways - Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've seen this one! I thought it was cool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete