Friday, April 25, 2014

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week

1. Someone paid me a compliment and made my month. My head swells so I have to wear two cowboy hats.

2. Himself gave me a hanging basket of blue and yellow Johnny Jump-Ups (little pansies).

3. My clip on sunglasses flew out of my hands and landed under the driver's side seat of my car. For two months, I couldn't reach them because the seat was too low for me to get my hand under. Finally with wild driving and the help of a long metal ruler (the sunglasses attach to my eyeglass by magnets), I was able to finally pull them from under the seat. Good thing because bright sunlight is one of my migraine triggers.

4. I live in a rural, farm community. People have livestock all over the place. Cows, sheep, goats, horses, donkeys. Driving down the road apiece was a red hen calmly crossing the road. One of the oldest jokes around right in front of me. Why did the chicken cross the road?

5. For her Video Production class, The Young One had to see the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel. She needed a lift so we decided to invite The Eldest and make it a girls' night out. I was really dreading the movie about the escapades of a hotel concierge. Not my movie, and I was wishing the professor had assigned the class to go see Captain America, The Winter Soldier instead. But, The Grand Budpest Hotel turned out to be surprisingly funny. Lots of big name actors playing cameo roles so fun to see who was going to pop up. Just wish we had been able to make an early show. Before 6PM tickets are discounted. The movie was entertaining, but not worth full price.

How was your week?

1 comment: