Monday, October 8, 2007

ATC - Dr. Seuss


This month's ATC theme was Dr. Seuss. Since today was a rainy day, it was a perfect day to play with Thing One and Thing Two. I found this theme to be hard to interpret. I looked at Green Eggs and Ham, my favorite Suess book, but couldn't find anything that inspired me. Scoured the Internet for images and quotes. Finally came across this one:


"You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in."


But what to do for an image. Last year, I had made some ink blots for a small book I made. Yes, these were done on purpose like Rorschach blots. Anyway, one of the ink blots reminded me of a silhouette of Dr. Seuss' creatures. Maybe even the venerable Cat himself if he was wearing tails along with his stove pipe hat. The background is a computer generated image created in Paint Shop Pro. The ink blots were printed on glossy paper and mounted with double stick tape to give a 3D effect. Ziller Glossy Black ink with heaven knows what size crowquill.

2 comments:

  1. INKBLOTS!!! ROFL...talk about making lemonade...Oh, wait, we're off the lemon thing...ROFL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think of the cleverest things! Who else would think of using ink blots as art?

    ReplyDelete