Friday, March 6, 2015

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. One of the Young One's college friends opened up a game store. Saturday was the grand opening of Rolling Paragon Games We went up to take a look see and to wish her well in her business venture. Lots of goodies (though more Doctor Who stuff is needed, imnsho) a gaming table where some fellas were playing a card game of Star Wars. There was also a nice space downstairs decorated to look like a dungeon, if you want to hang out and play games with your friends.

2. Finally a weekend with no snow, I was able to get out and get my hair cut. My hair was so long, I should have gone to Edward Scissorhands for the styling.

3. I had a craving for peppers and eggs. This is a lunch staple in an Italian home. Was one of my dad's favorites and about the only thing the old dude could cook. Sort of. Sometimes, he wouldn't let the pan of olive oil heat up. He'd dump in all the ingredients and everything would stick. I thought the pan was sufficiently heated, but I must have channeled Dad. Peppers and eggs stuck to the pan. Still tasted pretty good.

4. Watched a Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies DVD with Himself. Good laughs. Some of my favorites: I love the moon-ah and the tune-ah... Hello, my baby. Hello, my honey...Oh Bwunhiwda, you're so wovewy. Yes, I know it. I can't help it...

5. God bless AAA and Bousquet Towing for quickly getting the Eldest out of the icy slush and on her way to work.

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha....I LOVE that Looney Toons! Makes me laugh...."I can't help it"! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 thanks for the earworm! ;) (I've had the sountrack of Chicago running through my head for days now so this will be a nice change!)

    ReplyDelete