Friday, March 27, 2015

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. At the last meditation of class last Friday, we were given a blessing, a charm of a dove (Holy Spirit) and a feather. The feather was an illustration of words from Hildegard von Bingen, a 13th c. nun and remarkable woman. "...Then it pleased the king to raise a small feather from the ground, and he commanded it to fly. The feather flew, not because of anything in itself but because the air bore it along. Thus am I, a feather on the breath of God."

2. As much as I enjoyed myself at St. Michael's Institute for Sacred Art, I was very glad to get home to my comfy, little bed. The beds are ok, but the pillows leave a lot to be desired, said the Little Princess. (-; Note to Self: Next time, bring your own pillow.

3. The snowbanks at the end of the driveway have melted. I can now back out of the driveway without having to have a spotter or someone directing traffic so I can back out.

4. I went on the hunt for a small, bowl about 3 to 4 inches across and just as tall. I wanted the bowl so I can make my own shell gold. Thought I would have an easy time finding and a hard time choosing one at Pier 1. They didn't have any that fit the bill. Found a dark blue dip bowl in Target. Color me blue with happiness.

5. Since we can get out of the driveway, the Young One and I ran errands up at the mall. Treated ourselves to Chai and a pecan sticky bun at Panera. We deserved it.

How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS travel with my pillow! It freaks me out to have my face/head lying on whatever may be crawling on hotel pillows!!

    Totally agree with the LP....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS travel with my pillow! It freaks me out to have my face/head lying on whatever may be crawling on hotel pillows!!

    Totally agree with the LP....

    ReplyDelete