Friday, February 22, 2019

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Teague and I went to lunch. I had a cheat day. A real bacon cheeseburger on a bun with sweet potato fries.

2. Himself lost his wallet. Cancelling bank cards was done online.  Had all the documents needed so he could go to the AAA (American Automobile Association) office instead of the Registry to get his license replaced. Hardly any wait time.

3. We had Keto lunch at the Outback Steakhouse on the way to the AAA. Steak, summer squash, carrots, salad for Himself and salmon, broccoli, and salad for me.

4. Happy mail arrived.

5. Himself called security at school and they said someone had found his wallet and would leave it at the Framingham campus. The town police came to the door to tell him the wallet had been found and he could pick it up at the Framingham police station. And everything in his wallet. License, debit card, credit card, and $4 in cash.

How was your week?

18 comments:

  1. Wow. Your husband was lucky someone found his wallet and nothing was taken. Even though he had already replaced everything. Sounds like a good week, except for that wintery storm, I know! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. It's too bad the wallet couldn't have been found before he cancelled all those cards and everything. I bet that $4.00 didn't begin to cover the cost of the new license, though. At least you know there are still a few good people out there in the world.

    You can't have sweet potato fries on that diet? How sad. They are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keto is no carbs. No starchy vegetables (corn, peas, potatoes) So no potatoes and sweet potatoes are my favorite, too.

      Delete
  3. WOW!Good thing his wallet was found, but canceling and deactivating his cards immediately was A MUST for sure!

    Sounds like a pretty good week to me. Your lunch must have tasted DELICIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we couldn't take chances with the credit/debit cards. And yes, lunch was delicious though I was wishing I could have the coconut shrimp and the ribs.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the finding of the wallet. It's encouraging when you get evidence of good people in the world :)

    Your meal sounds delicious, and as much as I love bread and potatoes I don't think I'd have missed them if I had this meal in front of me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the wallet intact was a good reminder there are good people in the world. I did miss having the Outback bread. It's sooo good.

      Delete
  5. There ARE good people in the world! The news makes us forget that, sad to say. Glad you had a good week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is good news refreshing because all we hear is so much bad news?

      Delete
  6. very fortunate to have found the wallet with everything in it! thank God for honest people. Sounds like a good week. My week was just filled with snow and that's about it. Stayed home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like everything was sorted out quickly regarding the wallet and I was glad to hear that it was handed in intact, what a relief! A cheeseburger and sweet potato fries sounds good to me ...lol 😉. Enjoy your happy mail and wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bacon cheeseburger and sweet potato fries was such a delicious cheat treat

      Delete
  8. Great news that there are still honest people out there, and his wallet was returned with everything still in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing, that his wallet was found with everything in it!!! My mom loves sweet potato fries! I love bacon! LOL! A great week CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon and sweet potato fries, what's not to love? :-D

      Delete