On the trip up to Ogunquit, we decided to stop for lunch at the Shore Road Restaurant. It's a little hole in the wall place that serves
Lobster roll which is what I was salivating for. I like a Hot Buttered Lobster Roll which is cooked lobster meat stuffed into a grilled New England hot dog roll (split on the top and not the side) and drizzled with drawn butter (melted butter). I recently learned that the Hot Buttered Lobster Roll has an official name. It's known as a Connecticut Lobster Roll.
However it's called, it's the way I like lobster roll. I'm not a fan of mayonnaise so lobster meat chopped up with celery and then mixed with mayo isn't a favorite. Also it seems that there is less lobster meat and more mayo and celery.
Shore Road's sandwich had a generous portion of lobster meat (usually from the claw). They also make their own potato chips which were just out of the fry-o-lator, perfectly sliced, and crunchy.
After lunch, we still had some time to kill before we could check in at the motel. No trip up to Maine is complete without a stop at
Nubble Light. The sight of the lighthouse never gets old.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.



Looks like a great place to visit.
ReplyDeleteIt's always where we stop for lunch during the Summer season
DeleteSome day maybe we'll make it to the east coast and try some of the famous seafood!
ReplyDeleteYou'll enjoy it
DeleteAs a New Englander it's probably criminal that I don't like Lobster-- and don't think I haven't tried. I'd say about every 2-3 years I give it another shot in some form or the other and just don't get it. Your sandwich looks delicious though.
ReplyDeleteI do share your love of Fried Clams (Whole Bellied only) but I restrain myself to only having them once at the start of the season. Fried food and I are not always good friends.
I almost ordered fried clams over the weekend. Perfect weather. Not cold or too hot, but the price was $42 (and I was cheap) and I figured I wouldn't be able to eat the whole portion. Taking food back to the motel was not an option even though we had an efficiency kitchen. Reheating fish in the micro would stink up the room.
DeleteHave fun!
ReplyDeleteIt was. Home now to reality
DeleteI love both lobster and mayonnaise, my friend. I had my first bite of lobster when I was in Bali a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteDid you like it?
DeleteI have never had a lobster roll and I must say, yours looks yummy. I wouldn't like mayo either, so I'll have some of yours if you don't mind. Those chips look amazing too.
ReplyDeleteHappy T-Day,
Lisca
Their chips are outstanding
DeleteSomething to be said for tradition... Nubble is lovely.. and the lobster roll i think i would LOVE... I'm not sure which way but i'm willing to try both... :) My tradition is going to Fredericksburg and Wimberly... i like to go in the Spring before it gets super hot and if i can squeeze in a Fall visit i'm a happy camper.. Hubby thinks we go there ad nauseum but to me its like coming home for a short visit.. Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteOgunquit and the other south shore coast towns are our happy place.
DeleteOOOH that looks delicious! I wish there were lobsters in Michigan.
ReplyDeletebest… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
It's really good
DeleteYou and I think alike since I seem to be allergic to mayo. This roll looks not just good, but great. Your drink and chips make it complete. Thanks for sharing, plus the Nubble lighthouse.
ReplyDeleteMa didn't buy mayo. Tuna was packed in olive oil. She did use the nasty Miracle Whip which is probably the real reason I don't like mayo
DeleteNever tire of seeing a lighthouse :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
This location is so pretty
DeleteYum Yum Yum! You know that is my kind of lunch too. And I get about going to Nubble Light. I used to live near there my first 2 years of teaching in Portsmouth in a winter rental. When I go to York Beach I almost always have to drive out there. Hope you had a super T day, and don't overheat in the next 2 days.
ReplyDeleteYup, stay cool.
DeleteNot a fan of mayo here, either. But of lighthouses! Already Wednesday here - happy start of July!
ReplyDeleteRabbit, rabbit. White Rabbit
DeleteThat lobster role looks scrumptious. Happy T stands for Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteIt was sooo good!
Delete