This journal is about my journey with DCIS which began in January 2024. Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. A form of breast cancer. I didn't tell many people. Family, a handful of close friends. I didn't even tell my bosses at the museum where I teach. Somewhere along the line after much prodding and poking, I decided the My DCIS Journey was too boring so retitled the journal Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob.
The Poor, Little Boob has been cancer-free since June 0f 2024, and still has another year of taking hormone therapy and being monitored by an oncologist. My target date for ending the medication and this journey is June1, 2027
I was trying not to stress out over no information about whether my insurance would cover treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute where I wanted to be treated. Dana-Farber had scheduled a date for my surgery on March 1, 2024 and a meeting with the surgeon on February 5. What to do? What to do?
I borrowed one of the Reiki tenets for Reiki a spiritual practice established by its founder, Dr. Mikao Usui.
Just for today I will not worry.

That tenant is perfect. What a good spiritual phrase for stressful times like I can imagine yours was.Have a great day. It's supposed to be a bit warmer.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful out today. I had appointments, but I hope you got outside
DeleteThe uncertainty and the waiting must have been horrible... Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteIt's the stuff migraines are made of
DeleteGood practice! 🤞
ReplyDeleteIt's very hard and sometimes I just say other things. 🤬
Deleteit’s hard not to worry and or stress when faced with this diagnosis…. three years in march….like where as the time gone, right….💚
ReplyDeleteTwo years, sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes it seems like a long time ago
Delete"Just for today I will not worry."
ReplyDeleteNot always easy but very good words :)
All the best Jan
It should be a mantra
DeleteI remember a month before I got married, my mammogram came back "abnormal". Since my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer around the same time I was terrified! Turned out that there was something wrong with the imaging/film.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how you must have felt.
It was a very confusing time
Delete