Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob

   This journal is about my journey with DCIS which began in January 2024. Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. A form of breast cancer. I didn't tell many people. Family, a handful of close friends. I didn't even tell my bosses at the museum where I teach. Somewhere along the line after much prodding and poking, I decided the My DCIS Journey was too boring so retitled the journal Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob.

The Poor, Little Boob has been cancer-free since June 0f 2024, and still has another year of taking hormone therapy and being monitored by an oncologist. My target date for ending the medication and this journey is June1, 2027


I had called Dana Farber and things seemed to be moving forward. While visiting Teague, she suggested I get a referral from my doctor even though Dana Farber said they didn't need a referral. It wouldn't hurt to cross the T and dot the i and might even be a bit of insurance.

14 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Always good to cross those t's and dot those i's... :) Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

That's what they say

robin cox walsh said...

Ugh.....trying to untangle the medical system....good luck!
(PS I like the new wallpaper!)

CJ Kennedy said...

Just trying to get into the mindset of classes starting soon.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

when dealing with insurance, crossing T’s, dotting I’s, having 12 referrals, 3 second opinions and a great deal of patience…is a good thing ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ธ‼️๐Ÿ’š

CJ Kennedy said...

That's the hope

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with Teague it's always best to cross the T's and dot the i's.

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

At least to be prepared

Susan Kane said...

when it comes to insurance and such, dotting the I and crossing the T. is important. Your title is excellent. I will have to tell my daughter who loves creative titles that come her way.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great point that Teague made. It's always better to be prepared. Hope you had a great day.

Iris Flavia said...

Insurance is luckily not such an issue , as long as you don´t want extras. Teeth for example you have to pay yourself...

CJ Kennedy said...

Thanks for the compliment ๐Ÿ˜Š

CJ Kennedy said...

Yup, teeth and sometimes eyes are extras like they don't come with the body

CJ Kennedy said...

Yup, be prepared