Himself wanted to visit his Nana on her birthday, 15. August. In the afternoon, we took a ride to St. Joseph Cemetery in West Roxbury, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. Nana would have been 125 years old.
Waze had given us different directions so we entered the cemetery from a different location. It took Himself a little bit of getting his bearings to find her grave. He remembered a large oak tree on the side of the road. On the opposite side was Nana's grave. Himself remembers as a kid his parents would pack Himself and his 4 siblings into the car. The kids would picnic in the car (food keeps everyone quiet and busy) so his mother could visit her parents.
He found the tree and the grave.
Nana's sister was also buried in the opposite side of the cemetery. So we made a loop or two looking for her grave.
When we visited in 2019, I told him I remembered Aunt K's grave was opposite a large monument with a German name.
Aunt K
Other relatives.
After the cemetery, Himself wanted to go out to early dinner and he wanted to go to the Texas Roadhouse in Worcester. Because it was a Saturday afternoon, we figured the place was going to be really busy. He called the restaurant and got on their wait list.
It took us about an hour to get to the restaurant and because we were on the wait list, we didn't have to wait very long even though the place was hopping.
Himself ordered us Grilled Shrimp on Texas Toast for an appetizer
The Roadhouse has the most delicious, rolls.
Himself had picked out his own steak from a butcher case. I didn't feel like steak so ordered salmon instead. It's amazing that most steak houses prepare salmon well. Maybe salmon is Steak of the Lake or Ocean. Salmon, a jacket potato, seasoned corn.
As the drinks arrived, I had taken a peek at the dessert menu. Just in case. They had apple pie and I decided to have a slice.
The Roadhouse is a very lively and noisy restaurant. The food is very good., but it's not the place for an intimate dinner as you can barely hear a conversation. Our waitress was hopping busy. So when I told her I wanted pie and two forks, all she heard was two and brought us each a piece of pie. I had some of my pie and Himself took his home.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

22 comments:
I had planned to try to catch up on your older posts, and was amazed when I saw your T Tuesday post was already published.
So glad himself had a chance to visit his Nana and Aunt K. We know your memory is still sharp.
Your salmon looks great. And now I want a baked potato with sour cream and real butter. I'll pass on the apple pie, but would love anything chocolate.
Thanks for sharing your meal and Arnold Palmer with us for T this Tuesday, CJ.
Blog posts that I schedule are timed for 4:30 AM Eastern time. That way people on the East Coast can read my pithy words with their coffee. 😊
Happy September! Wishing you all the best this month. It's lovely to visit loved ones that have passed and remember them. May their memory be eternal. Sending love and light your way and the food looks so wonderful! Many blessings your way!
I like the Roadhouse. I've never had room for dessert though. :) Your meal looks delcious and I'm glad you found Nana. You remind me I should take a trip to Worcester to visit my Nana, Mom and Dad too. Nice new background too. Happy new month to you CJ. I hope it doesn't get too cold for you, and happy T day also.
It's so important to remember and honor our loved ones that have passed away. I truly believe that as the cloud of witnesses, they inspire and encourage us from above. Shalom!
Thank you, Maria. A Happy September to you!
Summer isn't over until the 22. September. There still are plenty of days for warm weather.
The waitress knew you'd be looking for a snack later.....LOL. (I bet it was good!)
That German grave is something else with all those shrubs planted.!! :) Sounds like a lovely trip ending with the RoadHouse... We have one in our town too and it is often on the rotation... It is noisy... oh! and let them sing Happy Birthday to someone uuugghh... and the noise level goes up octaves!! We enjoy going on a weekday when they open at 3pm and try to be some of the first people that go in... much more tolerable then... AND we like to sit in a booth in the bar area... with all the TVs... lol Hugs! deb
That sounds like a good place to eat.
We are the new keepers of the memories. When we are gone, who will remember?
It was one of the best apple pies I've ever had
They did sing Happy Birthday. If the food wasn't so good, I'd skip the restaurant. I am a sucker for their bread.
If you walk away hungry, it's your own fault
Oh what a lovely meal. I would go there if I lived a bit closer.
It was also interesting to see the graves. They are so different to what I'm used to.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
I probably would have chosen salmon over steak.
Happy 1st of September.
All the best Jan
Good on you and Himself for going to visit the relatives that have moved on to their next cycle of life.
That pie looks awfully tasty:)
Now you have me curious as to what the cemeteries in Spain look like.
It's an excellent choice
The pie was amazing.
Love the new background!
Haven´t been to my parents grave in ages, instead I have pis from when they were healthy and happy hanging around here,
Back to school time
Post a Comment