Himself wanted to visit his Nana on her birthday, 15. August. In the afternoon, we took a ride to St. Joseph Cemetery in West Roxbury, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. Nana would have been 125 years old.
Waze had given us different directions so we entered the cemetery from a different location. It took Himself a little bit of getting his bearings to find her grave. He remembered a large oak tree on the side of the road. On the opposite side was Nana's grave. Himself remembers as a kid his parents would pack Himself and his 4 siblings into the car. The kids would picnic in the car (food keeps everyone quiet and busy) so his mother could visit her parents.
He found the tree and the grave.
Nana's sister was also buried in the opposite side of the cemetery. So we made a loop or two looking for her grave.
When we visited in 2019, I told him I remembered Aunt K's grave was opposite a large monument with a German name.
Aunt K
Other relatives.
After the cemetery, Himself wanted to go out to early dinner and he wanted to go to the Texas Roadhouse in Worcester. Because it was a Saturday afternoon, we figured the place was going to be really busy. He called the restaurant and got on their wait list.
It took us about an hour to get to the restaurant and because we were on the wait list, we didn't have to wait very long even though the place was hopping.
Himself ordered us Grilled Shrimp on Texas Toast for an appetizer
The Roadhouse has the most delicious, rolls.
Himself had picked out his own steak from a butcher case. I didn't feel like steak so ordered salmon instead. It's amazing that most steak houses prepare salmon well. Maybe salmon is Steak of the Lake or Ocean. Salmon, a jacket potato, seasoned corn.
As the drinks arrived, I had taken a peek at the dessert menu. Just in case. They had apple pie and I decided to have a slice.
The Roadhouse is a very lively and noisy restaurant. The food is very good., but it's not the place for an intimate dinner as you can barely hear a conversation. Our waitress was hopping busy. So when I told her I wanted pie and two forks, all she heard was two and brought us each a piece of pie. I had some of my pie and Himself took his home.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

No comments:
Post a Comment