Tuesday, March 28, 2017

T Stands For - Too Much Fun

Warning: Picture heavy.

Tuesday last, my friend, A. came for a visit. A and I live half a state away so we don't get to visit very often though we do try to have art dates over Skype at least once a month and occasionally a field trip if the weather and schedules cooperate.

I met A. about 20 years ago at a Masscribes guild workshop. We were the new kids in the guild like being the new kids at school. We found beyond a love for calligraphy, we also had other things in common. We were both Southpaws. Our children were about the same ages, so we gravitated towards each other.

A. made exceptional time coming from the North of Boston to the wilds of central Massachusetts. She had lots of surprises for me. She brought me flowers.


I was working on a project and needed 2 bright, green buttons. She brought her button jar. No green buttons the right shade or size, but she had some cute heart shaped buttons and gave me a bunch.



She also had an extra punch for a fancy border.


She had some healthy snacks, chocolate covered almonds, granola bars, cookies, and small ziplock snack bags with portion marks on them. She spoils me!


After a short visit, we decided to go to lunch. We were going to go to Panera. See, A. watches what she eats and I figured she could get a healthy lunch. When we got to the mall, I mentioned the other eateries besides Panera: Uno's (Chicago style, deep dish pizza), Red Robin (hamburgers), Longhorn Steakhouse. She asked if we could go to Uno's as she hadn't been there in a long time. So Uno's it was. It was Tuesday so we had the Tuesday lunch special. A Chicago Classic (individual deep dish pizza with tomato and sausage) and a salad. I had a house salad and A. had a Caesar. Unsweetened ice tea for me and water with lemon for A.

After a nice lunch and catching up, we went back to the house because there was so much to do. First, we played with essential oils. A. sniffed the oils and decided she would like bergamot and eucalyptus to make a hand-sanitizer. I also had crocheted a small bag filled with lip balm, sugar scrub, lotion bar, a wellness roller, and a sample of my favorite, Thieves cleaner for her to try.



Then it was time for tea and cookies.



Then we looked at the notes and some of the homework I've done from the year-long class I'm taking.


And then all too soon it was time for A. to go home with promises to come back again.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic visit. When you don't get to see someone often its so much fun to catch up. And your lunch photo didn't look like Panera, but UNO's is yummy too. I do like their deep dish pizza, and I'd take the cookies too. Sometimes its good to not eat too healthy-especially when you're celebrating a fun day. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful visit you had!I'd love to try that pizza place. Been reading up on essential oils and have quite a few bottles to use. Not sure just how healing they are but I love just having them scent the air. Thanks for sharing your day, along with that plate of fancy cookies. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uno's is one of our favorite chains. They have a large menu selection, but I always get the same thing. :-D The essential oils aren't magic, but many of them support skin, respiratory, and general wellness. And the scent does improve mood. The fancy cookies came from the grocery store. :-D

      Delete
  3. Good morning, what a fabulous day with your friend! very special hugs to you both.
    Love your tea pot too Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teapot pattern is from Pfalzgraf. Called Hopscotch.

      Delete
  4. Thank you CJ, I have just been able to relive that day. So much fun! Still loving my essential oil presents. Great to spend time with you, and hope to do it again soon. I feel a field trip in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just looking at the Clark Museum you were talking about. Overnight field trip, perhaps?

      Delete
  5. What an absolutely PERFECT day with your friend. I swooned over the buttons, especially the old ones with hearts.

    For being such a neat-nik, Martha's punches leave quite a mess. I have a similar one, and I'm picking up teeny pieces all day long after ONE time punching.

    Loved seeing the oils and the various items you made with them. I can't wait to get mine out and make soap.

    I enjoyed seeing your tea (with tea pot) and cookies, but confess I've never heard of Uno's. I HAVE been to Panera, though.

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us, including your lunch with tea and water, and your snack with tea and cookies with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. had a cool collection of buttons. Offered to let me take what I want. Now looking at the picture, I'm sorry I didn't snag one of the Mary Engelbreit buttons :-D Pizzeria Uno supposedly started in Chicago in 1943. Maybe they expanded East instead of West.

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of Uno's, and I always like going to new places. :) It sounds like y'all had a delightful time together.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. is one of those people that you can be away from for some time, but when you get together (Skype, phone or in person), it's like you just pick up where you left off.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely day with a friend, filled with all the relaxing things that friends should enjoy together! Can't beat good food, goodies, tea, and artistic pursuits! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a friend that brings you flowers and likes to craft!!!PRICELESS!!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had so much fun with your friend, just perfect! The tea and cookies look so delicious - yum :-) . Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a nice time when we visit or take a field trip. And tea and cookies are usually a part of our time together, too

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Oh, and we looked at that fun lettering book you sent

      Delete
  11. Well you ladies sure know how to have fun engaging all the senses too ;-)
    Sounds lovely...so worthwhile making the effort to stay in touch with special friends.
    Now I'm hungry.
    Thank you for sharing and Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D I feel the same way reading all the Tuesday posts! Everybody posts pictures of yummy lunch and treats and I get very hungry!

      Delete
  12. It sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend. Its good to have friends with similar interests. Your lunch and the cookies looked delicious.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends, food, art. A day couldn't be much better.

      Delete
  13. It's so good to spend time with friends! It sounds like a perfect day and the food looks great!! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friendships like you and A. have are pricelss! How lucky that you're close enough to visit face-to-face once in a while. Sounds like you had a great time and parted with fun goodies to make the memories last.

    It's fascinating to read about the varied crafty interests of the T-ladies. I'm beginning to think we are a pretty special breed ;-)

    Belated happy T-day, CJ. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm blessed to have a friend like A and the fact that we visit in person with each other from time to time is the icing on the cake.

      I love reading about the T-Ladies crafty interest, too, and also the delicious goodies many of the ladies bake.

      Delete