Sunday, May 5, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Spring has finally arrived. 


Spring garden flag


Hydrangea


Last of the daffodils


Dandelions and bugleweed


Last week, I had mentioned the problem with them mail carrier driving over the ditch. The ground was sinking (because it's a ditch with water even though it was filled in). I had called the town highway department if there was anything they could do. I was told they'd put us on a list. I thought that was going to be the end of that, but they came by and fixed the rut by filling it in with cold patch. Probably not the best solution in the long run, but the mail carrier should be happy.


Looks like some bunny planted iris at the edge of the property.


Violets


Plants that were hardened so they can now live outside


Lily of the Valley pips. Somebody needs to get out there and weed.


The trees in the woods starting to leaf out


The clematis survived the Winter. I saw some buds.


The snowball bushes getting ready for their show.


Alpine bells


The new bell stake sent by mistake. The company told Himself to keep it  and


they sent what he really ordered for me.

How does your garden grow?


18 comments:

jabblog said...

It's so good to see things on the move, especially if they've had a hard winter.

CJ Kennedy said...

Indeed

My name is Erika. said...

Isn't it exciting to see everything greening up. Many of the leaves are just about out here. I like your mountain bells, and the new kitty stake. That was very thoughtful of the hubby. Have a great Sunday and stay dry.

FinnBadger said...

It has been feeling more like summer here than spring with temps in the upper 80s, and all the green things exploding. Love seeing how happy your hydrangea looks.

robin cox walsh said...

Lookin' good! 😊

CJ Kennedy said...

So far, no rain though the weather dudette said rain this afternoon and tonight

CJ Kennedy said...

Send the warm temps East!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

CJ Kennedy said...

Finally

CJ Kennedy said...

😊

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden is looking good! Hugs!

CJ Kennedy said...

Everything just started to pop

Lowcarb team member said...

Yay for Spring!
Your garden is looking good.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

thecontemplativecat here. Lovely garden. The violet grabbed me. When I was little, we would pick the little blooms. It is the Illinois state flower.

CJ Kennedy said...

Yay for Spring. Still counting the days to Summer

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet

jinxxxygirl said...

I remember Snowball Bushes from living up North.. what i don't remember is are they the same as Hydrangeas? Or a totally different bush? I planted seeds Red Yucca and Pride of Barbados... they are growing great!! I started them by nicking them and putting them in a wet papertowel in a plastic bag for a week... I had a great germination rate!! Wow if they all survive! I have transferred the sprouted seeds into a little mini greenhouse.. .and nearly all of them have broke the ground... Woohoo.. The Yuccas literally look like grass right now and the PB's look like teeny tiny palm trees.. Makes me think of 'I'm Groot'...lol Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Snowball bushes and Hydrangeas are two different plants.