Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tittivillus Was Here


Tittivillus is the patron demon of scribes. He sits on the corner of the scribe's desk patiently waiting for a mistake to be made. When the goof happens, Tittivillus happily scoops up the mistake and stuffs it into his sack. Devil On the day of reckoning, Tittivillus will present the sack as an accounting against the scribe. Tittivillus got me good today.


I was working on a commission. I was pleased with the layout. I had decided to use ivory black gouache instead of ink, and was pleased with how silky it felt to write with. I was smug. I'd have this piece painted and done by this afternoon. Then the dreaded error in the last line. Kicking Dirt Tittivillus got me good. Back to the drawing board.





5 comments:

  1. Now you're giving me more credit than what due, but I'll take it where I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some Demon hunters who can clear this up for ya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it always in the last line, or the last word or the last page or the END!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had an exorcism! The finished product is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete