Saturday, July 26, 2008

Seven


I love movies especially old movies. There are some movies I can watch over and over again. No matter how many times I've seen them, I still enjoy them. So, today's seven: Seven Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again And Never Get Tired of Watching

1. The Day The Earth Stood Still, classic sci-fi starrring Michael Rennie and Patricia O'Neal. This is my all time number one movie. Fifty-six years later the message is still as fresh as the first time I saw this film when I was six or seven. Not to mention I have always dreamed of having my own Gort to vaporize to oblivion people that tick me off.

2. How Green Was My Valley, Roddy McDowell's screen debut. A charming story of growing up in a family of Welsh coal miners. A good cry.

3. The Quiet Man, my favorite John Wayne where he isn't a cowboy or a soldier. Sparks fly between Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. The sexiest scene ever filmed has to be the rainstorm in the church yard. Wayne's wet, white silk, Arrow shirt. THUD

4. Kiss of Death, Richard Widmark's screen debut. His performance as gangster, Tommy Udo, is electric.

5. Broken Lance, Spencer Tracy, Richard Widmark and a very young Robert Wagner in a classic story of parental control and sibling rivalry.

6. The Long Ships, my favorite Viking movie teams Richard Widmark with his best friend, Sidney Poitier in a quest to find and possess "the mother of voices", a great golden bell made of solid gold.

7. Down to the Sea in Ships, Richard Widmark, Lionel Barrymore and little Dean Stockwell in a coming of age story.

There are many more movies I could add to this list, but seven is enough. Do you have any favorite movies you never tire of watching?

2 comments:

  1. um... I do like "The Quiet Man." I am a John Wayne fan. Movies I can watch over and over again? Um... Gone with the Wind, Big Jake, The Princess Bride and Gladiator. Weird list, I know.

    ReplyDelete