Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In


After a standing still last week, I lost two pounds this week! SneakersToday, walking on the treadmill increased to 30 minutes. I walked a few minutes over the 30 minute mark just so I could make a mile. Last week, I had tried ramping up my walking speed, but only ended up with a sore hip and knee. The knee pain was most likely caused by old, ill-fitting shoes. For me the 30 minute time frame each day is working well. I don't feel as if I'm spending my entire day exercising and if need be, I can break the walk time into two sessions. So for me, at this point, the important factor is just to move, not to break speed records. Treadmill

One problem I encountered during this week, was the craving for sweets. I have a saber-sized, sweet tooth especially for cookies and chocolate. I also have no control when it comes to amounts. I can demolish a box of cookies by myself or half a bag of Hershey Kisses. It was hard watching the girls enjoy a Little Debbie brownie, but I didn't give in. Instead, I've been substituting the cookie urge with graham crackers. I bought some chocolate ones and also Teddy Grahams. Three graham cracker squares is equal to one bread serving. Teddy Grahams come in a bunch of flavors and one serving is a whopping 24 little bears. It's amazing how long a box of cookies will last when you eat just the recommended serving.

Underneath the Cool Whip label, I found a recipe for an "ice cream" sandwich. I made them yesterday to rave reviews. They taste naughty, but aren't too bad for you, if you plan for them.

Frozen Yogurt-wich

1/2 c. any flavor non-fat yogurt
1/2 c. thawed Cool Whip Lite (I used Sugar Free Cool Whip)
8 graham crackers, broken in half (16 squares)

1. Mix yogurt and Cool Whip until blended.
2. Spoon onto graham cracker and top with a second graham cracker. You will end up with 8 sandwiches. Place on a foiled, lined baking sheet.
3. Cover with foil and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen.

The exchange plan counts this as one bread.

A variation on this recipe:

Coolwich Delight

1 1/2 c. thawed, Cool Whip Sugar Free Whipped Topping
24 squares low fat graham crackers

Spread 2 T. whipped topping on each of 12 graham squares
Top with remaining graham squares to make 12 sandwiches
Place in single layer on baking sheet
Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Wrap individually in foil. Store in freezer up to 1 week

Lambie also sent me a Weight Watcher's Recipe for a dip for fruit.

1 cup Weight Watcher's yogurt mixed with 1/4 c. fat-free Cool Whip. The entire amount is worth 2 points. I'd count this as 1 milk exchange.

Do you have cravings? What do you do to get around them? Any other ideas for sweet, but good for you treats?


2 comments:

  1. You rule GIRL! Congratulations! As someone who has been and is still in your shoes, can I make one small suggestion? PLEASE invest in REALLY GOOD walking shoes. It makes the WORLD of difference! I promise! I bite the bullet and replace my tennis shoes quite often.

    I myself have switched to aqua-aerobics, which of course require the humiliation of a swimsuit, but SO much easier on my hips.

    I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Many Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete