Friday, June 1, 2012

The Friday Five

As Forest Gump's mother told him, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Five unexpected things that happened this week:

1. Himself's car went on the fritz and had to go to the shop. My car was in the shop last week. Guess his car was jealous of the attention my car got.

2. I was doing more cleaning at the old homestead. I needed more light in the small bedroom so I took a lamp from the living room. As I plugged it into the wall socket, a giant arc of lightning erupted from the socket. Ma isn't happy about circumstances and was just letting me know.

3. We stopped for lunch at Uno's again on Wednesday to take advantage of the Double Nickel Club. The waitress recognized us. Just like the TV show cheers. Norm!

4. Ink left a tootsie roll on the floor six inches from his litter box. The I'm-not-happy tell. I forgot to make sure his water dish was full before I went to bed. Mea culpe.

5.  On the drive to pick Himself up to get the car from the shop, saw a family of geese out for a stroll in the breakdown lane of Route 9. Mama, three babies, and Dad bringing up the rear. An aw moment followed by the thought how much I like goose with orange sauce.

What surprises did you have this week?

1 comment:

  1. Aww moment for sure! (That it made you think of how much you enjoy duck with orange sauce is a bit disturbing though! LOL)

    ReplyDelete