Friday, August 31, 2012

The Friday Five

A couple of weeks ago, I had a procedure done. After answering some pre-op questions, the nurse slapped this big allergy wristband on me. Five things I'm allergic to:

1. As a kid I was stung by a wasp on my hand. The swelling made me look like I had the hands and arms of Popeye. Hopefully, I've outgrown the allergy, but I'm not too anxious to find out.

2. A spider bite didn't endow me with super powers, The dizziness and swollen finger where the little bugstard bit me earned me a trip to the ER.

3. The antibiotic, Cephalexin gave me the sensation of pins and needles in my tongue.

4. Soma, a muscle relaxant I was given for TMJ not only relaxed the jaw muscles but all the muscles in my body. Not matter how much I wanted to move, I couldn't. The incident was even more scary as The Eldest was 18 mos old at the time. Fortunately, I was able to call a neighbor to come over before I collapsed on the sofa.

5. Latex. For years, I washed dishes while wearing latex gloves. After a dish session, my hands had a red rash . I must have rubbed my eyes because my eyes swelled shut for four days.

Are you allergic to anything?

2 comments:

  1. :( Boo, allergies!

    I'm allergic to paper tape. When it comes time to remove it, a whole layer of my skin will come off, too,. :(

    I'm hyper-sensitive to morphine. It makes me stop breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stung by a wasp when I was a kid and blew up like a balloon too! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete