Friday, August 24, 2012

The Friday Five

Five mildly disappointing things that happened this week.

1. I really wanted to find Uncle Manny's grave at the cemetery. I wanted to see the tombstone he supposedly carved for himself.

2. A cleanout company left a note on the door at the old homestead. The company hasn't returned my phone calls in two days. Guess the company doesn't need my business afterall.

3. It's dark by 8PM and chilly in the sun room.

4. Some people  are talking and blogging about Fall. They're even Fall cleaning workstations! Please don't rush the seasons. There's still a month left of Summer. The Autumnal Equinox isn't until 22. September 2012

5. Occasionally, I watch Antiques Roadshow. Amazed how people find valuable items as they clean out grand parent attics and basements. While going through a box of stuff at the old homestead, I found what looked to be currency tightly rolled up and stuck in the handle of a vase. I was hoping for a hundred dollar bill. What I found was a one million dollar bill. Yup, as phony as a three dollar bill.

Want to join me in a glass of whine?

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the cash. And the tombstone.

    I'm not ready for fall either. I am in denial about taking the girl back to college in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right there, start pouring!

    ReplyDelete