Friday, August 17, 2012

The Friday Five

Another hot day, and I couldn't be happier, but even I need ways to beat the heat. 5 Summer beverages:

1. Iced Tea, though this is a cheat as I drink iced tea year round. What? You drink soda year round, right?

2. Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from McDonald's. One of my rewards after cleaning out the old homestead.

3. Frozen Lemonade from Panera. Reminds me of the slush we used to get during the Summer at my grandma's.

4. Raspberry Lime Rickey. My mother-in-law used to make these for Himself and I when we were dating. She'd send us on a run for raspberry Zarex (soft drink syrup). Had an RLR when we stopped for lunch at Harry's this week for the lobster roll and fried clams.

5. Lemonade Iced Tea just the thing to have while hanging out at Barnes and Noble.

What's your favorite Summer beverage?

5 comments:

  1. I think I have cracked the code on the Starbucks Passion Lemonade Iced Tea. They sell the large tea bags for iced tea and I add a can of frozen pink lemonade and about 3cups of water - to taste.
    Now, Starbucks in Canada has stopped selling the iced tea version of the Passion Tea, so they are on my shopping list for the next time I make it across the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, Bev. I'll have to track down some of those tea bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tazo Iced Passion Tea
    I have looked but only ever found it at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Sweet tea' year round. I've been indoctrinated to southern ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straight vodka on ice, makes me forget this hellish season and makes the Fall come that much faster. ;)

    ReplyDelete