Friday, August 10, 2012

The Friday Five

Got this meme from Five On Fridays 

1. Do you ever find yourself singing advertising jingles?

Sadly, yes.

2. What are your favorite jingles?

Speedy Alkaseltzer singing Plop, plop, fizz, fizz and one advertisement when I was a kid for carpet cleaning. How many cookies did Andrew eat? Andrew ate eight thousand. How do you keep your carpets neat, call Andrew 8 8,000.

3. Which jingles do you hate to hear?

1-800-CarsForKids and JG Wentworth Need Cash Now. Got those earworms stuck in my head and couldn't get rid of them.

4. Why do you think jingles are so effective?

Simple lyrics and a catchy tune make a great mnemonic.

5. Are jingles going the way of the dinosaur?

Maybe some should, but it doesn't seem like it.

Do you like or hate jingles?

1 comment:

  1. 1.Yes
    2.My bologna has a first name, it’s……..
    3.I agree with JGWentworth!
    4.I have a simple mind?
    5.Yes! Now they are using all the good songs from my heyday! 
    6.Like the old ones. They don’t write good ones anymore! (Is my age showing? LOL)

    ReplyDelete