Thursday, January 10, 2013

One Word

With the start of the new year, I saw people opting for one word to change or inspire their year instead of a long list of resolutions. I don't make resolutions. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I have very good intentions.

All last week, I thought about my word. I wasn't sure I even had a word, but BREATHE popped into my head. The last two years have been extremely stressful as we negotiated red tape mazes and jumped through legal hoops. We were pulled and stretched emotionally and financially.There were times I didn't think we would ever get past the white water, but we did. Beached, a little worse for wear, but blissfully relieved.

Work is slow. Funny, to think that would be a good thing, but it is. There's time to breathe, to gather strength, to renew creativity and spirit.

I wasn't sure how to artistically interpret my word for my journal. While drifting off to sleep, I saw the word written on a smooth stone. Printed a computer wallpaper of river stones and ta-da, instant journal page. Ziller Midnight Blue ink, Zebra Comic G nib or whatever was in the holder.

Do you have a word?

1 comment:

  1. Good choice for your word! Lovely page.
    (You know my word, 'Brave'!)

    ReplyDelete