Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Bag is Packed

I'll be spending Thursday through Sunday in Boston with The Young One. She'll be manning the WPI IMGD booth at PAX-East, she and her teammates put together as part of their IQP (individual qualifying project, one of the 3 project requirements to graduate) I get to tag along because the school isn't going to reimburse the team for their hotel rooms. The Young One didn't have enough money for the room, and the hotel requires an individual to be over 21 in order to book a room.

While The Young One is busy at the booth and hobnobbing with the Gamer Geeks at the Con, I'll be having my own private, artist retreat. My new, blue bag holds my art journal, a box of 12 Derwent Inktense watersoluable ink pencils, a tool bag with  few toys (assorted pens, eraser, pencil, lead pointer, and a waterbrush). There's also plenty of room for the iPad.

If you're in Boston this weekend to attend the Con, stop by the WPI IMGD booth and say "hi" to the team, collect the swag they are giving out, and play the games WPI students are working on. Also tell them they did a great job on their booth. They put a lot of time and effort into it.

If you're in Boston to see the sites or to shop, and you see a woman with a cobalt blue bag roaming around, that will be me.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time with the Young One AND have a blast with your art! Sounds like a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!! When I get yahoo figured out AGAIN (It booted me out AGAIN!) we'll have to chat about everything you saw and did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there CJ - I have some news for you...Your name has been picked out of the hat for my Postcard Giveaway!! YAY. Well done. Pop over to my blog and check it out, but if you could email me with your details that would be great. I'll get this card off to you pronto!...ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and good luck to the Young One!
    (& boo hoo I didn't get Ann's postcard :( but next to me getting it, your getting is is best! LOL)

    ReplyDelete