Saturday, November 28, 2015

Baby Got Buns

I like big buns and I cannot lie.  It's been a while since I baked bread. These were the rolls I baked for Thanksgiving. Aren't they gorgeous? Big and fluffy. This recipe is a keeper. Taste of Home Whole Wheat Rolls Very easy.

I only made three changes to the recipe:

I didn't have a 9 in. x 9 in. square pan so I used a 7 in. x 11 in. pan.

The recipe called for brushing the tops of the rolls before baking with canola oil. Seriously? How many calories are you saving? Not to mention the fat in the recipe calls for 1/4 cup butter. Brush the tops of the rolls with a couple of tablespoons of melted butter instead. You'll be glad you did.

I also did the mixing and kneading in a stand mixer with a dough hook. So much easier.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a stand mixer. And butter, ALWAYS butter on top! Yummy! They look gorgeous, BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete