Monday, May 21, 2018

Bringing the Outside In

If you read my blog, it's no secret I love the sun room. We pretty much live in this room once the warm weather starts. We take our meals here, play on the computer, and watch television. As much as I love looking out, the late afternoon sun can make it hard to see the television screen.

I had a cheap curtain on the West side window, but it shrunk when I washed it. A new curtain was needed. The cheap curtain was ugly so I wanted something a little nicer, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. The windows and slider are 72 inches wide.

Searching online, I saw some drapes printed with birch trees. Drapes are too heavy. The wall of the sun room is aluminum so I used a few Command hooks to hold up.a thin curtain rod. Somehow in my search I ended up looking at polyester shower curtains and found some with birch trees. Reviews complained the birch trees were sepia toned and not the black and white as pictured. More searching and I found a shower curtain with trees and leaves like being in the middle of the woods which is the view of my backyard.

I ordered two one for the window and one for the slider. The slider didn't have a curtain, but it was needed. The curtains are perfect. They shut out the glare of the late afternoon sun and can easily be pushed aside so I can watch the comings and goings of the birds and critters. When the curtains are closed, it looks like I'm still looking outside.

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous idea and it really looks like being in the woods ( where I just came home from). Great solution. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to seeing your pictures (-:

      Delete
  2. Win/win! You found the perfect solution! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's thinking outside the box. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the size of the shower curtain was perfect for the sun room windows

      Delete
  4. GREAT FIND! They look real from what I can see! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost like looking at the woods in the backyard

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I thought that was a view of your backyard. That curtain is perfect.
    Also well done on taking care of Big Lil, AKA Saloon Girl Plant:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D I love the name Big Lily and so glad she's doing well. Hope I don't jinx things

      Delete
  6. That was a good idea. I literally thought the woods grew right up to your sunroom. What a great place to spend some time. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea CJ! Well done! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found the perfect solution, willing to consider non-traditional options. A lesson for us all :)

    ReplyDelete