Tuesday, May 15, 2018

T Stands for Date Day

The day began with dropping Himself's car off at


9 Old County Road in Sudbury. Himself knows Son from the karate studio. Butch and Son Automotive great mechanics, honest, fair prices. A little off the beaten path, but worth it.

The car needed new tires, an alignment, oil change. So it would be awhile before we could pick it up.

We decided to head down the road to Russell's Garden Center. We browsed through the gardens looking at plants, lawn gewgaws, and their extensive gift shop. I was too busy looking at things that I didn't take any pictures. Not even of the koi pond with the wooden bridge.

Photo by FOX from Pexels
After wandering around the garden center, it was close to lunch so we went to Five Guys.  Since the day was warm, I had a Coke with Lime as my celebrating Summer drink.





We nibbled peanuts while waiting for our order.


I always think the servers put the Number One sticker on my sandwich because they recognize the Little Princess instead of that fact that I give my order first.


My favorite. A Little Bacon Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard and ketchup.


A meal at Five Guys isn't complete without french fries (chips). We usually eat them last because the fries come out of the deep fryer and are molten hot.


While eating lunch we talked about what we would do for the rest of the afternoon.  


We decided we would go to the movies. 


This theater has very comfy seats

We saw


in 3D. Overall, in my opinion. Meh. Typical Marvel movie only this one had nearly all the heros of the Marvel pantheon. I thought it was overly long at 2 hours and 40 minutes and a cliffhanger ending. Felt more like Marvel cashing in on its Super Hero line, but Himself assured me the movie was following the comics. 

The car was ready, but we had decided to head to the karate studio for QiGong with Bob from Simply QiGong. Himself works out with Bob weekly. QiGong is mindful breathing with movement.

After QiGong, Master Beef was having his Tuesday night Reiki Healing and Angel Circle a form of meditation with Reiki.

After the energy work, we headed to pick up Himself's car and go home. It was a long day, but a good day.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

36 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day out. I love 5 Guys since I love burgers, and I do like how you can make your burger your own way. :) I want to see that film, but it is pretty long, isn't it? Happy T day.Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was ok, and Thor was awesome. I like his story thread. The movie was a little long so thank heavens the theater had comfy seats.

      Delete
  2. Now that sounds like a great day out to. Your food looks good, and coke with lime sounds refreshing although it's not something I've tried up to now. Have a great day, Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite additions to Coke are Vanilla Coke (my winter choice) and Coke with Lime (my Summer choice) Himself likes Coke with Orange

      Delete
    2. I've never had coke with anything in it(:

      Delete
  3. I was just going to say you guys had a very long day-but filled with lots of fun. I love fries fresh out of the hot oil-after cooled a bit though ha ha Coke with lime sounds nice
    Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long day, but fun, too. Coke with lime is very refreshing.

      Delete
  4. Well you had a very full day CJ... I'am not the biggest superhero fan but i don't mind going and watching... Now the Jurassic Park new movie comes out right before my Bday next month.. I have been a Jurassic Park fan from the get go and i'am so looking forward to this.. Hmm... never thought of putting Lime in my coke.. I'm a Cherry Coke fan. :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself is the big Marvel fan. I would rather have gone to see David Tennant in Bad Samaritan.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous day! I've never been to a Five Guys but then I rarely eat meat and I know they're known for their burgers. I like the artsy socks:) And I wish there was a nearby place i could go for some QiGong and reiki and such. The few places that do offer are so expensive... happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you didn't live closer we could do the energy work together.

      Delete
  6. Sorry, I have to disagree....coke with CHOCOLATE SYRUP is the best!!! I can't/don't drink it anymore....but it's still the best! Glad you and Himself had such a lovely day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that. A New York treat? Might have to give that one a try. There's Hershey's syrup in the fridge.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great day out. A garden center and a yummy lunch, then a film. In itself that sounded a full day and you fitted even more into it.
    Hope you have a super T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day out!
    Happy T-Day,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an eventful day. You certainly took advantage of the time away from the car. There are no garden centers close to where I live, so I envy you our trip to a real one, not a few dying plants at Ace Hardware!

    Enjoyed the socks, not much of one for Marvel superheros.

    Five Guys must be a regional chain because I had never heard of them till I read about them earlier on either your's or Erika's blog. Thanks for sharing your impressive day, your hamburger, and your coke with lime with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 5 Guys started in Florida, and I thought they were all over. I just checked their location map and there are 3 stores in Wichita.

      1025 EAST DOUGLAS AVE
      WICHITA KS 67202

      2929 N. ROCK ROAD, SUITE 110
      WICHITA KS 67226

      2616 N. MAIZE RD, UNIT 100
      WICHITA KS 67205

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful way to spend the day while waiting for your car. I so enjoyed spending time with you at the garden centre, for lunch and at the movies 😁. Your burger and fries have made me so hungry ...lol 😉. I'm off to raid the kitchen, Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a pretty good day to me! Love Five Guys, we go there to eat at our local one once in a while.

    Never saw The Avengers movie ... my (former)co-worker saw it and really liked it a lot. But then again he is REALLY into that stuff.

    Have a great day, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a die-hard Marvel fan, you'll love the movie. I just tag along for the ride, though I <3 Thor

      Delete
  12. ink.....dood....shame on yur mom for knot gettin a reel live fotoz oh de reel live koi ~~~~

    ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. a busy but nice day for you! the burger looks yummy, and I got a kick out of the image on your socks! lol. interesting opinion of the movie...probably what I would say too. all the Marvel fans are saying how wonderful it was and they cried at the end. me, I'm more about Harry Potter or Star Wars. ;) thanks for taking us out...happy t day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a die-hard MArvel fan, you'll love the movie. Cried at the end? My reaction was more like: I sat here over an hour and a half for this? :-D

      Delete
  14. Love how you guys make a special day out of a tedious task like taking the car to the mechnaic - ho-hum. You wear those Venus socks well ;-) QiGong would be the perfect ending to lovely day for me, too.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole drawer full of arty socks. They make me happy. I was a little worried doing so much energy work in the evening that I'd be ramped up, but I slept soundly.

      Delete
  15. Five Guys is a favorite of mine! They have the tastiest fries and juiciest burgers. And I love your socks!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each time I go, I think I'll try a different combo, but I always end up with a Little Bacon Cheeseburger :-D

      Delete
  16. A Five Guys came in to our neighborhood awhile ago, promising stiff competition to the established In-N-Out. But they needn't have worried. Faithful customers now fill both burger joints. My opinion? Depends on what I'm in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That turned out to be a super day out!I would love to go to the movies with my beloved but there are no English speaking films here.
    I don't know about comfy seats but i certainly like your socks!.The film would not be something I would pay money for to watch. We're not into superheroes. But it's just nice to be out for a change.
    I've not heard of Qigong but it sounds relaxing and is probably something like Taichi. I will google it in a minute.
    A very belated happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great day CJ! You eat at some pretty good places! All the time you show what you eat, I get hungry! LOL! Love the socks!! I want to go to a theatre that has those comfy chairs!! My brother loved the movie, but I haven't seen it yet. He is really into those types of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I forgot to call you Little Princess! LOL!

    ReplyDelete