Sunday, May 20, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


I'm so excited. I didn't kill Big Lily. Isn't she gorgeous?


It's a wonder Timex doesn't get his head stuck in the hatch.


We have a new visitor. This is one of Cinnamon's littles.  S/he has the same cinnamon colored spot on the back of the neck behind the ears. I've named this baby, Cassia. The sweetie took a little nap, enjoyed the sunshine, and 


had a little snack.


The weather dudes called for some wild weather. Heavy rains, thunder, lightning and a tornado watch for my area. Fortunately, no tornado just rain, lightning, loud rumbles of thunder and 


when the storm was over an amazing sunset.



My iPhone camera didn't quite catch the spectacular golden light.


A new addition to the Zensical garden. A cardinal spinner I found at Home Depot


I found this plant in Ink's garden. It's about 8 inches tall. I have no idea if it's a weed or a real flower. Do any of you gardeners know?


If you recall, Reggie gave us morning glory seeds at the end of the year long 26 Seeds class. I had started them indoors. Between cold days, rainy days, I think I waited too long to plant them. They were looking a bit scraggly. I hope they make it.


The trellis had gotten crushed during the March blizzards and I fixed it with twine as best I could. I cleaned out Ink's garden of weeds, added some new soil, and planted some of the better looking morning glory plants. I also relocated the cowboy boot and planted a morning glory in it, too. The fence edging is really for the opposite side. Red gave me some more milkweed and some echinacea. I plan to plant them on the other side of Ink's garden. Last year, I planted the milkweed, but the lawn guy didn't recognize the garden so weed whacked everything except a sunflower. This year, I hope the edging makes it obvious don't whack the plants.


Some leaves on the hydrangea. Someone needs to get out there and cut out the dead stalks.


Make a wish.


Almost an inch of rain for the week


I think these are sunflowers.

How does your garden grow?



17 comments:

  1. Good morning, I enjoyed your garden tour. I don't know what that plant is but it does not look like weed to me at all. loved the bunnie photos, and I loved your new spinner. great sunset-we are getting too much rain right now-storms every day but around here we don't complain too much about the rain as when it turns off-it could turn off til end of summer. Happy sunday and I enjoyed your garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A FB friend suggested to leave the plant to see if it flowers. She said the flower might make it easier to identify.

      Delete
  2. It's looking very green CJ. I am loving it. Yesterday I planted some annuals in pots on my deck. I usually wait until memorial Day and the old saying of you could get frost before that, but I am off to a wedding next weekend and couldn't wait! I am loving the little bunny. You are so lucky to have them. Hope its a good week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the rain we've had this week has made the grass grow like crazy.

      Delete
  3. Things are looking very green. Love that baby rabbit. Big Lily is gorgeous, well done on keeping her alive! We had very stormy weather some days like week, and a nasty tornado just a couple of miles of here, eek! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby bunny was such a nice surprise. Mama must have been upset the little one wandered away as I haven't seen the baby for the rest of the week.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's coming along. Hopefully, the morning glories will take.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Your garden looks great. Just love the little baby rabbit.
    Is that a wild strawberry plant? If it is you'll know soon.
    If the morning glories don't make it--and I'm sure they will--stop by and I'll give you about a gazillion starts:)
    The sunset pictures are just beautiful.
    Enjoy the remains of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mystery plant is tall. I thought wild strawberries were ground creepers.

      Delete
  6. I wondered what happened to your trellis, but was afraid to ask. Sometimes people do things that others think are odd, so I didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate "modern art" (grin).

    What a darling new bunny. I haven't seen a bunny here in YEARS. Yours are always so cute and adorable.

    OK, I'm officially envious of the cardinal whirly gig. I may have to check with Home Depot, too.

    Everything looks beautiful and green, and that sunset is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would like the cardinal whirligig

      Delete
  7. Forgot to mention that Big Lily is looking GORGEOUS. You may have a green thumb after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post CJ! Your garden is coming along beautifully!! I just transplanted 3 things yesterday. Still tones to do! Your little baby bunny made my heart smile! Ink's garden is looking great! Love the sky photos! I think, but I have to check, those leaves are looking like the white flowers I have. Saying that, these flowers are "wild". I don't consider them weeds and let them grow, I love them. I have to take a picture of the leaves and make sure! Big Hugs! (Big Lily looks amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weeds are just flowers that aren't popular. I don't see any buds yet on the mystery leaves.

      Delete
  9. I like those lilies. I keep mine outside on the patio as long as I can. I remember the first time one of mine bloomed.

    I got a hydrangea for Easter and planted it outside. I'm hoping it lives through the winter. I've never had one before.

    ReplyDelete