Sunday, May 27, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Lots of garden photos


Hey! Hey, Lady! I'm stahvin' heah. Fill the feedah!


Up in the crow's nest. Land, ho!


Himself likes to garden, but the problems he's having with his back make that difficult. While grocery shopping at Wegman's he picked up a few plants that he could put in pots. The frame from a green house works to hold the pots. He wrapped the frame in wire mesh to keep Timex and the bunnies out.


Red gave me some lily of the valley. It started to bloom before I got a chance to plant it.


Himself can care for his plants from inside the sun room. He even used the plant pokes I made for him.


Atticus Finch perched on the shepherd's hook.


A mourning dove posed for a picture.


Cassia eating dandelions like spaghetti. 


Slurp!


The snowball bushes out front have avalanched.


The Alpine bells bloomed. After they pass, I'll transplant them to Ink's garden as they are too close to the oil fill and will get squashed when the oil man comes to fill the tank.


Two of the morning glories survived even though Timex likes to roll around in this planter. The morning glories are reaching out to climb the trellis.


The honeysuckle is overgrown and should have been cut back, but it makes a lovely, natural, privacy screen 


Lots of honeysuckle buds. The hummingbird will be very happy.


Just a little rain this week.


Buttercups in the lawn., and


wild strawberries.


I finally got some time to plant the lily of the valley Red gave me.


I took the fencing from Ink's garden to fence in the butterfly garden (behind Ink's garden). Last year, the lawn guy thought the milkweed Red had given me were weeds so he whacked them. Happily, they came back.

There looked like a sunflower was coming up, but Timex and company, and the little red squirrel have trampled them as the critters like to run through the holes in the trellis. I'm hoping they continue to grow.


Besides the lily of the valley and milkweed, Red also gave me some echinacea. I might have waited too long to get it in the ground. Fingers crossed that it takes.


I relocated the cardinal spinner from the corner of the Zensical garden to Ink's garden. The lawn guy had knocked it over.


Years ago, when the snowball bushes bloomed they would be covered in bees. Only one, very busy lady seems to be making the rounds.

How does your garden grow?



16 comments:

  1. Your garden is doing really well. Love Lily of the valley, it has such a gorgeous fragrance. Good to see all the garden inhabitants, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, the lily of the valley will take.

      Delete
  2. Lots going on in your garden. Ink's garden is looking good, and I like the way your husband solved his back problem. After reading about all the destruction your lawn guy causes, I am glad I do my own mowing, etc. I am so glad Red gave you lily of the valley. I finally found mine nearly smothered from vinca vines, and will make sure they grow and hopefully divide and prosper.

    I would have posted a garden update today, but decided my Memorial Day post was more important. That means I'll share it for T on Tuesday. Your post was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to seeing your garden update.

      Delete
  3. I think the cardinal spinner looks perfect in Ink's garden!

    Love your resident wild bunny as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Your garden has really popped! Everything looks like it's taken hold and will prosper! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your garden has sprung to life! I love seeing all the garden visitors and flowers 😁. Your snowball bush is amazing with all those pretty white flowers! Lily of the valley reminds me of my grandma, she loved this plant and all our family has a clump of it in their garden from her original plant, so even though I never met her it feel like she is always with me 😁. Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a great new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother had a side garden filled (over-run) with lily of the valley. I didn't get a clump from their garden, but with the clump that Red gave me, it reminds me of Ma.

      Delete
  6. Your garden is really blossoming and blooming and filling up with life! It's looking good! I love it. Hope you are having a good weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is smiling! Thanks CJ!! Love this post! I think our bunnies are cousins too! LOL! Everything is growing beautifully where you are! So happy for you! Love all the wildlife too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, chipmunks. They are so cute, but they clean out my platform feeder as soon as I fill it. I picture their underground stash and wish they wouldn't take it _all_ lol

    My honeysuckle shows no signs of buds. It had one little cluster of blooms early one and now nothing. *sigh*

    You have such a nice variety of plants. I like how you have them set up at a level that can be reached without bending. Nice, even for someone without particular back problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed Timex (chipmunk) doesn't get stuck in the feeder hatch as his cheeks just bulge with seeds.

      Delete