Friday, January 20, 2012

The Friday Five

Cleaning out the old homestead is making me wax nostalgic. Five things I wanted to be when I grew up:

1. A cowboy, like that's a shocka.

2. A teacher.

3. I wanted to be a biochemist just like the grad student who babysat me the summer I was 10. I had no clue what a biochemist was, but I wanted to be one.

4. Heavily influenced by Dr. Kildare, I wanted to be a doctor.

5. A writer. As close as I got was writing Heath stories (Big Valley fan fiction) for the amusement of high school friends and  writing computer programs.

What did you want to be when you grew up?


3 comments:

  1. A nurse, a teacher, a wife, a mom, a writer.

    The only one I didn't turn out to be was a nurse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be a Mom and an Awana leader - check, check

    And Erica, I think you did put in some nursing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich and famous, but had no actual idea doing what!

    ReplyDelete