Thursday, June 27, 2024

Evening at the Beach


After all the walking around the Desert of Maine, a late lunch, and a long nap, we walked to the beach to spend some time there before grabbing a late dinner.

The weather was nice, but not real beach weather. Even if it was hot and humid, the water temperature as in the mid-60s so a little too cold to go swimming, but the weather was perfect for walking along the beach.


School was still in session so there weren't a lot of people around. I like it when it feels like we have the place to ourselves.



Someone found something yummy for dinner.


A perfect evening for a sail, too.

18 comments:

  1. Empty beaches are the best and not always easy to come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is why we try to vacation when the schools are still in session and before or just after the season

      Delete
  2. This sounds like perfect beach going . I think you picked a great time to walk the beach and I bet ti was relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking on the beach with temps in the 60's....I remember that....sigh......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was clear. The water temperature was in the mid-60s. The daytime temperatures were high 70s to low 80s.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like the perfect way to spend an evening to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! It's been so long since I've seen a beach, and I'm using your photos to make a virtual trip 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do a search on the blog for Ogunquit and you can see more beach pictures from the past 2 years.

      Delete
  6. It sounds wonderful, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thecontemplativecat here. The shore and beaches are so lovely. Sounds like a piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This beach is over 3 miles long with nice, soft sand

      Delete
  8. I love walking alongside the ocean. Looking at the pictures, I can almost hear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound of the ocean on a nice day is one of the most calming sounds

      Delete