Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Plans

<------Right here was supposed to be a picture of Walden Pond. Yeah, that Walden where Henry David Thoreau spent two years living in the woods, communing with nature and getting back to a simpler life. Then he wrote a book about his experiences Walden or Life in the Woods which many high school students were forced had to read.

Teague and I were supposed to visit Walden on yesterday.The timing would have been perfect leaf peeper season is over, not many people would have been at the pond. We'd have the place to ourselves. Teague wasn't feeling well, and I woke up with a sore throat. Himself brought a cold home from the college where he teaches, and how can something so small take us both down for the count?

You probably don't want to come trick or treating at my house as you'll get more than a Milky Way. But if you're in Worcester and looking for some fun, stop by the Worcester Art Museum. I just read on Andy's blog, he'll be on Lancaster St. around 7 pm. with a giant puppet he and one of his classes designed. I'm sorry I won't be able to see it live, but will have to wait for pictures.

With that, I bid you a Blessed Samhain if you are celebrating the end of the year, a Happy Halloween, a Happy Reformation Day, or a Happy Thursday. And a Happy Birthday to Ink. He's 16 years old today. Adieu, I'm crawling back to my cave.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you would have thought something that brightly coloured would be easy to spot though ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, feel better soon! A hot toddy would probably help, and if it doesn't at least it'll make your cold more bearable! :)

    ReplyDelete